Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Curious About Where the Trains Come and Go

Post by Sandcock »

Although I'm an Ol'fert, I'm a kid at heart and have always liked trains. When camped out in a wash at "G" I enjoy watching the trains come by wondering what they are carrying, where they are going or coming from. I give the conductor and engineer a wave and get an occasional one back. I do the trucker's honk pull with my arm to try and get the engineer to blow the horn, but have not got one yet, but I'll continue to try. I enjoy trying to count how many cars that are being pulled, e.g. sometimes I'm not sure if I've counted a car twice, and how many engines are needed to pull the cars. If you are curious as to where the train may be coming from or going to here is a link: http://www.acwr.com/rail-maps/up-map-un ... lroad.html
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Curious About Where the Trains Come and Go

Post by gelwell »

Most of the eastbound trains are carrying various good from the Orient headed to Midwest and East Coast distribution points. You name it, its in there. The trains heading west bound are products heading back to the Orient built by us.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”