4th Annual Glamis Dunes Clean Up

Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Jennifer Whyte
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

4th Annual Glamis Dunes Clean Up

Post by Jennifer Whyte »

Just a reminder that the 4th Annual Glamis Dunes Clean Up is Saturday January 13th, 2001 at the Rangers station where hwy 78 meets Gecko road. It all starts at 9:00am. For more info go to http://www.projectsand.org, the site is still under construction but there is information on the site. Hope to see you out there.Jennifer Whyte

Banshee Bob
1st Gear Member

Post by Banshee Bob »

I'm posting this Just to keep this on the top of the page.... Please do the same if you find this on another page. We need to keep this from falling off page #1Banshee Bob at http://www.sandduning.com SAVE GLAMIS!

AlxCook
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by AlxCook »

I thought this was the 3rd annual clean up. I could be wrong, my wife tells me I am often. Also this topic is back on top.......

Jennifer Whyte
1st Gear Member

Post by Jennifer Whyte »

Don't forget January 13, 2001 for the 4th Annual Glamis Dunes Clean Up.Jennifer Whyte

asa_rick
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by asa_rick »

Jennifer, what area's will be targeted for the clean-up? We meet at the Rangers station, then what? Sand drag's? Gecko Road?Disperse to different area's? Any idea? Think before you act, and make sure that your brain is in gear before you let out the clutch!!Rick JenkinsForum ModeratorASA VolunteerRjenk49957@aol.com

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak »

Rick,you start at the ranger station and get your trash bags and raffle tickets. Then it's all up to you to go anywhere you want. There is no desiganted area to clean. It's all of Glamis. Then you go back to the ranger station for your t-shirt and the raffle. There is alsway lots of great stuff to be given away. Heck, one year I won a complete set of Weber 44mm carbs. I have also won a shand shark board, gas cans, sweatshirts, goggles, tiedowns, and a few mag subscriptions. Shine up your LAZER STAR LIGHTS and enlighten everyonehttp://www.sandcars.com

Jennifer Whyte
1st Gear Member

Post by Jennifer Whyte »

Rick,Show up at the ranger's station and get your ticket to collect your t-shirt, later that day (at 1200), along with your raffle ticket and trash bags. You can pick up anywhere but we suggest the high traffic areas like- comp., olds., sand drags, flats, the washes, Geckko Rd. We also encourage clean up in the dunes too. At 1200pm we will be handing out the t-shirts (it will be one per person- everyone must be in attendance to get one)and we will have a hot dog BBQ for everyone. At 200pm the raffle begins.Hope to see ya all out there.Jennifer Whyte

SANDUNERS
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by SANDUNERS »

Yes, unfortunately we need to have another clean up. Just got back from Glamis. There are still many more old campsites from Thanksgiving that haven't been picked up!! But lots of Checkered Flags this last week DO IT IN THE DUNES...

Ron @ Lazer Star

Post by Ron @ Lazer Star »

Posted by Dune Boy on 1/2/01:join the 4th annual glamis clean up this january help keep are dunes(I moved this to the orginal thread to move it to the top and eliminate the double subjects - Ron @ LazerStar)

Sand Safari
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Sand Safari »

Fellow ASA members, repeat after me...I want that rail. I will drive at least 500 miles to pick up trash on the 13th. I will buy at least one raffle ticket (even if I can't make the mortgage this month). I will stay out of closed areas. I will be a good Cub (or Girl) Scout.Mike

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Vincent J Brunasso »

Anybody object to us deleting the "up" posts?Vincent J. BrunassoPresident ASA

Kevin
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevin »

after this last weekend looked like there will be plenty to clean. saw that they had more dumpsters out by pad one, overfilled of course. at least there were more than two. i don't see a prolem with deleting the up posts vince, just as long as this topic stays on the 1st page.kevin"I Love the Smell of Race Gas in the Morning"

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak »

Many people out there dont seem to see the need to help clean up or the effort that goes into this. I belive this is a lifs passion for Jennifer and she gives it her all. If nothing else I go out to show support for her. A few clean ups ago, I had a problem with something I won at the raffle. (im sure she remembers)I called her to explain the problem. She took her time to make many phone calls to see that it was taken care off. This is more than just an event to her, it should be more than a weekend and a free shirt to us. Dont get me wrong, I dont just do it for her... i do it for all of us and so does she.Thanks Jennifer.Shine up those LAZER STAR LIGHTS and lets enlighten everyone!http://www.sandcars.com

Jeepster
1st Gear Member

Post by Jeepster »

Back to the top.Will be there and I'm bringing the neighborhood with me to help.Help keep America Free.

AlxCook

Post by AlxCook »

Lots of trash around the canal also. Get on top.

Raptor
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Raptor »

can someone save me a spot at gecko? see thread regarding saving spots. be ther late friday night. 24ft rockwood 5th wheel converted to haul my raptor/banshee and cart. also back to back onethe stars are in tune and the earth is eclipsed by the Dune

Bad-Koolaid
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Bad-Koolaid »

I don't care about T-Shirts, I don't care about raffles, I don't care much about hot dogs either, (although they all are cool). I do however, care very much about dunin'! I love sand in my shoes, I love how clean the dunes make my paddles look, heck, I even love sand on my burger when it falls off my plate, (been there, done that)! Pappy & I will be there! Oh yeah... I WILL buy a couple of tickets for the Big 5! "I don't hug your tree... Don't try to put your arms around my dunes"!Edited by - Bad-Koolaid on 01/06/2001 06:19:44 AM

DuneDigger325
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by DuneDigger325 »

My family will be there for the Clean Up. We do our share every trip and are teaching our children to do the same (ages 7 & 4). My son & I rode all over the Canal area after Thanksgiving and took down ALL of the tape left up by others and my daughter cleaned up trash that was left behind at nearby camps. My kids care more about Glamis than some adults. We were one of those capms at New Years with checkered flags on all of our toys! We Love Our Dunes !

SANDUNERS

Post by SANDUNERS »

Remember to bring any BIG Magnets you my have to clean out the fire pits of NAILS.Also helpful are cardboard boxes for all the Glass that is burned in the fires.And bring gloves, my brother cut his finger from an alumimum can!!!DO IT IN THE DUNES...

sddiverz
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sddiverz »

I'm sorry that I won't be able to make the cleanup this year but we have a large group going to Supercross since one of our friends is racing. It's too bad that there is a conflict with the San Diego round but I understand why it was scheduled for this weekend.At least I know that I've already helped by being one of the few people that went around picking up cans, bottles, and other trash at the drags over New Years. I was hoping that people would notice and feel bad about the trash they were leaving. And I was also wearing my ASA T-shirt since I figured a little advertising wouldn't hurt the cause!-Bill

AlxCook

Post by AlxCook »

If your going to the Supercross, I encourage you to wear your ASA shirt and hand out flyers if possible. Please try to educate and inform some of the Supercross fans while you are there.

sddiverz
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sddiverz »

That's a great idea. I will wear my ASA shirt while I walk around the pits and the parking lot!I will also try to get some flyers to hand out since we'll be in the parking lot for several hours.-Bill

Tim Wight
ASA Public Safety Vice Chair

Post by Tim Wight »

My wife and me will be at the Phoenix Supercross on Jan 27, 2001 and will have my 4' X 8' ASA signs on my truck (photo below) in the parking lot. We will also be wearing our ASA shirts. For all those in the Phoenix area, there is time to get your ASA shirts online so you can wear them at the races.Tim WightMesa, AZ.Forum ModeratorDon't ask what the ASA can do for you, ask what you can do for the ASA!!!Dune On!Check this link out!http://responsiblerecreation.orgEdited by - Tim Wight on 01/08/2001 9:48:59 PM

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

And, if I can suggest, along with your t-shirts and flyers, you might want to have something to write on and something to write with. Lots of dune supporters out there who are not online so they simply don't sign up. Have fun!Vicki WarrenASA Secretary / VolunteerASA Executive CommitteeTake a stand -- email calvic@dreamsoft.com to join the fight!

Tim Wight

Post by Tim Wight »

The following was posted by A Cook as a new topic but is pertinent to this topic - lets reply to the topics instead of creating new ones Two years ago at the clean up the Rangers were at Comp helping haul away the trashbags and debris that we pick up, last year there was no Ranger help and a nice guy in apick up help haul everything (couches, chairs and engine parts) out. Is there any plan tohave someone bring a truck down to comp to help haul some of this big stuff out????Edited by - Tim Wight on 01/10/2001 5:08:23 PM

Tim Wight

Post by Tim Wight »

this post was by DoctertoyI have a Samurai. If someone wants to donate the use of a small trailer I can help movingbags etc.The same for Sundays activities.How about it?MikeEdited by - Tim Wight on 01/10/2001 5:10:39 PM

Tim Wight

Post by Tim Wight »

I will have me 4 x 4 Dodge pickup (longbed) with ASA sign sideboards. I was planningon hauling the trash out. I can get to most locations.Tim WightMesa, AZ.Forum ModeratorDon't ask what the ASA can do for you, ask what you can do for the ASA!!!Dune On!Check this link out!http://www.sharetrails.org/

DesertDog
1st Gear Member

Post by DesertDog »

I will be coming out for the day and will be bringing my Tacoma 4x. I will be more than happy to get out in the sand and haul out bags and the large crap. Will someone have a compressor to air up my tires afterwards??

Sand Safari
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Sand Safari »

Si, Look for the white Samurai!Mike

Tim Wight

Post by Tim Wight »

By the way the weather report looks, I don't think we will have to air down our tires. The sand will be very wet.Tim WightMesa, AZ.Forum ModeratorDon't ask what the ASA can do for you, ask what you can do for the ASA!!!Dune On!Check this link out!http://www.sharetrails.org/

asa_rick
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by asa_rick »

Not only will the sand be wet, but it's gonna be cold! High's in the mid 60's and low's in the 30's!! If you're camping in a tent, best bring extra sleeping bags!! Think before you act, and make sure that your brain is in gear before you let out the clutch!!Rick JenkinsForum ModeratorASA VolunteerRjenk49957@aol.com

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Been raining all day here in Brawley. And supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday.. weird cuz we never get rain.. oh well the dunes will be nice.Save the dunes!! CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!!!

Ron @ Lazer Star

Post by Ron @ Lazer Star »

Just got word that I won't have my trailer back in time. (bad tires) So, I'm either gonna bonzai out early Saturday morning, OR I'm gonna need to drop off the Lazer Star raffle item to someone going. Anyone around Long Beach that's headed out tomorrow afternoon? As a backup I need to find someone.If I do make it out my 4x4 Suburban is available to haul people and equip...Ron ScottVice President, OperationsWeekend ConceptsASA Forum Moderatorrscott@weekendconcepts.comwww.saveglamis.com"Hey, that's a GREAT IDEA! So... Why aren't YOU doing it?"

PilotMike
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by PilotMike »

UPPilotMikeMike's Honda Pilot Pagehttp://members.aol.com/dunepilot

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

FINALLY on our way... see you all in the morning!Vicki WarrenASA Secretary / VolunteerASA Executive CommitteeTake a stand -- email calvic@dreamsoft.com to join the fight!

Bill
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Bill »

Just got home from the clean-up. My first time, NOT my last. Am looking forward to the next one and will be better prepared for it. I only got 8 trash bags and filled all 8. Good thing I spent the first hour helping get a stuck motorhome unstuck.

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”