'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

Radrat
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Radrat »

I seriously doubt that Hunter had anything to do with it. He has championed the BP for years. He pushed VERY hard for more officers and better pay. The BP needs to thanks Hunter for that. He's their biggest congressional advocate.
http://www.house.gov/hunter/brdrchron4a.htm

this started it all.. more to follow..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,53056,00.html

hey sorry I missed this post.. :)
little bit busy last week..
Chuck Mobley, Dunecologist
VP DUNERS
"The highest priority ought to be human life and the property of citizens."

Bob Tenwick
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Bob Tenwick »

http://immigration.about.com/library/we ... 73100a.htm

It was Duncan's brother and a retired BP officer.

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

Thanks Chuck & SDBob. There are a few more posts back on the other thread.
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5

DesertDogs
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by DesertDogs »

Ya know, I think it is another sign of misguided fools who support Illegal Immigration. These people are as bad of a waste of our tax dollars and space as Danny Boy and his people!

They say it is okay for us to pay our taxes so that:

1) Foreign citizens can get medical benefits for free

2) So that foreign nationals can get drivers' licenses without adequate insurance

3) So that foreign nationals can get free Welfare and Unemployment Beneifts

4) And so that millions of dollars are spent on saving people who illegally come into our country, through some of the most inhospitable country on this planet. Now that "we" are putting out water, food, and looking to help them, more will make the effort.

These are the same folks who cry foul when we tried to charge Mexico a $1 a day for vehicle entry, foul when we tried to make Tijuana clean up their sewers (US finally paid for it...imagine that), and screamed when we stopped their truckers and cars for not being smog and safety compliant.

These are all things that a US Citizen gets fined for......does seem a bit skewed. I personnaly don't understand why people see fit to spend all this money on people who don't pay us back, didn't earn it, don't deserve it, and are not US Citizens.

I'm for saving peoples lives, unless they exercised complete ignorance.
Duners are the only real Dune-biologists.

'If I had a dollar for every square acre of sensitive land that is now under houses and malls, I'd be richer than Bill Gates, and the President of the Seirra Club'

D.U.N.E.R. Member

Paleale
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Paleale »

1) Foreign citizens can get medical benefits for free
3) So that foreign nationals can get free Welfare and Unemployment Beneifts

Subject: illegal?

I come for visit, get treated regal,
So I stay, who care I illegal?
I cross border, poor and broke,
Take bus, see employment folk.

Nice man treat me good in there,
Say I need to see welfare.

Welfare say, "You come no more,
We send cash right to your door."

Welfare checks, they make you wealthy,
Medicaid it keep you healthy!

Thanks to you, American dummy.

Write to friends in motherland,
Tell them come as fast as you can.

They come in rags and Chebby trucks,
I buy big house with welfare bucks.

They come here, we live together,
More welfare checks, it gets better!

Fourteen families they moving in,
But neighbor's patience wearing thin.

Finally, white guy moves away,
Now I buy his house, and then I say,

"Find more aliens for house to rent."
And in the yard I put a tent.

Send for family (they just trash),
But they, too, draw the welfare cash!

Everything is mucho good,
And soon we own the neighborhood.

We have hobby--it's called breeding,
Welfare pay for baby feeding.

Kids need dentist? Wife need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!

American crazy! He pay all year,
To keep welfare running here.

We think America darn good place!
Too darn good for the white man race.
If they no like us, they can go,
Got lots of room in Mexico.
Paleale

"Off Roading Is Not A Crime...Its A Blast"

"Without tides there is no change, with out a moon there is no tides, So if you seek change go out and MOON someone"

IT IS TIME TO REVOLT

SAVE GLAMIS

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

I've always had a great deal of respect for the people who come here from other countries seeking a better life or a calmer life or a place where there is no bombing or maybe just to get away from a totally corrupt government system (not that ours is that much better). In my experience I've found that "they" work much harder than most, performing menial jobs that even my well-brought up and responsible children would frown upon.

We could own a liquor store or six houses or a whole strip mall if we too were willing to move our entire families into one home and pool our resources. But we are not willing to give up our personal space and our privacy to share a room with six nieces and a grandmother. I admire those that make those sacrifices and I don't for one minute begrudge their accomplishments.
Vicki Warren
President of DUNERS and Friends of
Dumont Dunes user groups
http://www.duners.org
http://www.FriendsOfDumontDunes.org

Ta2dGrrl
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Ta2dGrrl »

Well said Vicki.

I hate reading rhetoric about illegals, blaming the people who cross our borders for doing so. Our government makes it possible for them to do so. Do I blame them? Not one bit. They see America as the land of possibilities and are willing to leave their families to try and make a little $. Many that cross over from Mexico come from rural areas where there are NO opportunities. How many are your gardeners or house cleaners? How many do you see living in those shacks off the highway on the way to Glamis, blistering heat, but they're they're picking the produce? How many Americans do you think would be willing to do their jobs?

Of course there are some who take advantage, but there are many more people who are citizens of the US that use the system.

It saddens me when I see people who I otherwise respect hold such hate filled opinions. I am only the 2nd generation from my mother's side to live in the states. We came from Mexico.

As an aside, it also bothers me when people look at Ray, Jake and I and assume we are a "white" family. Ray is 1/2 Mexican as am I, making Jake 1/2 also. And I personally relate more to my Hispanic side than any other portion of my mix.

Off my soapbox,

Nik
----
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Nik why would it bother you to be a white family?

Something wrong with that? I come from a long line of "those people"
I have no mix in my blood. All European white!! I'm I racist. YES. I can't stand lazy, manipulative, suck the american worker dry, pieces of **** that rape us everyday. Whether that's White, Black, Brown, etc. Color isn't the issue. It's more then that. Jim didn't write that. And he wasn't disparging the mexicans. The poem points out how totally ridiculous our system is. Oh and yes my wife is 100% mexican blood. But, she is 100% American. My kids are 1/2 white 1/2 mexican blood. But 100% American.

I don't raise them white, mexican, black, etc. I raise them AMERICANS!! Their culture starts here. Not in mexico. I believe if you an American then your culture is American. Not mexican, african, Iraquai, Afgani. Is that racist? Is that non PC, is that unsensitive? Maybe. But, that's what i believe.
Chuck Mobley, Dunecologist
VP DUNERS
"The highest priority ought to be human life and the property of citizens."

Ta2dGrrl
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Ta2dGrrl »

Okay, I didn't express myself as well as I should have (and I think that's always a prob online).

I have no problem with being white. And I have no problem with people looking at me and assuming I'm white(having blue eyes and light skin makes that a rather logical assumption). I'd rather it not be an issue at all (just like I'd rather have tats and piercings not be an issue, but they are). I do have a problem when people assume, because of my looks, that they can express opinions to me in private that I feel are biased stereotypes (seriously, I've had people tell me that if they had their way they'd shoot all Mexicans and Blacks...I can only believe that they felt comfortable telling me this based on my looks). I also hate when people assume that because we off-road that we wontonly run over plants and small animals. People have a right to post what they want, just like I have a right to disagree with the sentiments expressed.

I absolutely agree with your statement that you hate lazy people who manipulate the system. So do I. But I rarely hear people complain about the lazy white trash SOBs who pop out babies and live off the system. It's always about the illegal. And I agree that the one's who come over here fully expecting to exploit the system are a problem. But for every one of them, IMO, there are 20 that just want to make a buck to get their family out of poverty. When I was younger we'd go down to orphanages in rural Mexico to take them supplies. The people there held Americans and America in such high esteem. I truly don't believe that the majority of boarder crossers are trying to take a job from an American. They only want to make life better for their family. And who doesn't want that?

Does that make what they do right? No. But unfortunately the actions of many Americans make it so that they will always have the incentive to try and cross. I've heard many people in my neighborhood make disparaging remarks about Mexicans and other ethnicities. But drive by their house and guess who's mowing their lawn, trimming their trees, doing their brick work.

I agree that we are Americans and should be proud as such. I am. Hey, one of my favorite things to tell people is that we have documentation that one of my ancestors from my father's side crossed the Delaware w/Washington! But that doesn't mean I can't embrace the traditions given to me by my relatives that were not born here.

Nik
Passing the Peace Pipe
----
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

It was not my intention for the posts to go in this direction. It was brought from another thread and was about placing water in the desert for people illegally entering the US.

From that thread:
What I wanted to find out from all of you was what concerns you've heard or had. I really don't believe anyone wants to hear about such a gruesome deaths from exposure. But.. once its started, who will keep it going, and if it's not, is that not more inhumane than never starting?
I understand that people have varying opinions. My feelings are, if you're coming here to be productive, get here the right way. People do it everyday and they are welcome. If you're not going to be productive, don't come.
'79 CJ5

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

'79 CJ5

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

What I can't figure out is why we fight tooth and nail to keep out people who are more than willing to do the jobs that no american will touch. But we give out H1-B visas to people inviting them over to do tech jobs that require a college education and americans are fighting over.

I have no problem with people coming to this country as long as they do it legally - and if they cross the border illegally we need to treat them like the criminals they are. They've already shown that they have little or no respect for the law by the way they choose to enter the country what is there to make us believe they would be good citizens after that?

I get really upset when I hear local newspapers talking about a vanload of "immigrants" killed while trying to outrun the BP. Those aren't immigrants - immigrants come through a legal border crossing and have permission to be in this country. The people packed 20 to a van trying t out run the BP are criminal aliens and should be treated as such.

But what we really need is a visa system to let them come here and work legally in the jobs that americans don't want to fill. If they want the work and we need someone to do it we should find a legal solution to the problem.

Instead we tell our kids to go to college and then sell the jobs they're prepared for out from under them to foreign nationals that we invite to live in our country without citizenship - and chase away those willing to staff the jobs that our own workforce won't touch.

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”