CBD Petitions FWS to List Beetle at ISDRA

Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK

CBD Petitions FWS to List Beetle at ISDRA

Post by QUACK, QUACK, QUACK »

Citizens Move for Endangered Species Act Protection for
Endemic Algodones Dunes Beetle

Andrew’s dunes scarab beetle threatened by off-road vehicles, pesticides and Bush roll-backs

Contact: Daniel R. Patterson, Desert Ecologist 909.659.6053 x 306
More Information: Petition

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Center for Biological Diversity filed a scientific petition with Interior Secretary Gale Norton and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) to list the Andrew’s dunes scarab beetle as an endangered species and designate critical habitat. The beetle (Pseudocotalpa andrewsi Hardy) is highly restricted in range, found only at the Algodones Dunes in the Sonoran Desert of Imperial County, SE California and NE Baja California, Mexico.

The beetle is endangered largely due to the historic, ongoing, and imminent increased destruction of its habitat by extensive off-road vehicle (ORV) use on the Algodones Dunes. The dune system will occasionally experience upwards of 240,000 ORV users on a single busy weekend, and a pending Bush administration decision would roll-back environmental protections on nearly 50,000 dunes acres, opening 85% of the beetle’s habitat to ORV damage.

Pesticide drift from Imperial Valley agricultural spraying is also likely harming beetles.

“The beetle’s decline mirrors the decline of natural values at the dunes,” said Monica Bond, CBD biologist. “The Bush roll-backs at the dunes make ESA protection essential now.”

ORVs at the Algodones Dunes use special tires that cut deeply into the sand, directly killing beetles and wrecking habitat. Beetles are most active February -- April, a biologically critical time that coincides with the season of heavy ORV use on the dunes.

The Andrew’s dune scarab beetle was first proposed for ESA protection by FWS in 1978. At that time, FWS noted “this action is being taken because of their decreased population levels and anticipated adverse modification of their habitat.” FWS stated in the proposed rules that “the continued disruption of dune troughs by off-road vehicles prevents the accumulation of dead organic matter upon which the immature stages of this beetle feed.” In October 1980, FWS issued a notice to withdraw the proposal because final rulemaking had not been completed within a then required 2-year deadline. ESA protection for P. andrewsi was therefore denied due to the failure of FWS to meet mandatory statutory deadlines rather than due to new scientific data indicating a listing was not warranted.

FWS’s failure to provide legal protection for the beetle resulted in 24 years of dunes management by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) that failed to take into account the impacts of increasing ORV use on the beetle and the other rare and endangered fauna of the dunes. Currently, BLM is proposing a new management plan that not only fails to protect the beetle, but also eliminates ORV closures designed to protect a threatened plant found at the dunes, the Peirson’s milkvetch.

FWS routinely cites an inadequate budget and heavy work load as justification for listing delays. But it is a crisis of its own making. The agency’s budget is established by the Secretary of Interior in her budget request to Congress. Congress routinely grants near the requested amount. The inadequate budget, therefore, is not the fault of Congress but of Secretary Norton who purposefully squelches the listing budget to prevent species from being added the endangered species list.

FWS’s entire Endangered Species Act budget has increased over 500% since 1992. The listing budget is the only line item that decreased in real dollars over that period. Every other line item increased at least 300%. The budget freeze is clearly political, not economic.

(end)

SailAway
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by SailAway »

Yes, well, this is no surprise. We have the same species list they have and a lot of folks figured this was coming.

Guess your stance on the PMV isn't strong enough to do it after all, eh Dano?

Okay... time to start reading up on this little beastie so we can help the FWS make the right decision.

Vicki
Vicki Warren
President of DUNERS and Friends of
Dumont Dunes user groups
http://www.duners.org
http://www.FriendsOfDumontDunes.org

BANSHEEGIRL
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by BANSHEEGIRL »

Oh joy!!! If a first you don't succeed try and try again, eh greenies :(

porboy
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by porboy »

the continued disruption of dune troughs by off-road vehicles prevents the accumulation of dead organic matter upon which the immature stages of this beetle feed.”
I guess we should all stop using the bathrooms and do our number 2's in the dunes. We wouldn't want this little beetle to go hungry.
It seems to me that the CBD is grasping at straws here. I only hope that the FWS sees that all these attempts are to close the dunes rather than save a species.

AlxCook

Post by AlxCook »

Where does the proof come to play??? I didn't see anything in reference to any recent studies being done. Sue the BLM and then maybe do a study after the cause????? It also sugests that the temp. closures will be lifted, looks like Dano has already given up hope for the Milk Vetch argument!!!
Alex

Member of DUNERs, ASA, CORVA, SDORC, BRC, and the human race

xjruss
ASA Gov. Meeting Coordinator

Post by xjruss »

Tree-huggers are unbelievable! :x

I guess it's safe to say that these people will never give up, huh? But I guess the good side of it is that they realize they won't win the Milk Vetch battle.

Just as it was starting to look like the skies were clearing up... here comes another storm.

Russ

porboy

Post by porboy »

Russ wrote
Just as it was starting to look like the skies were clearing up... here comes another storm
But I think this time we will have our umbrellas ready :wink:

proglamis
ASA Transportation Vice Chair
ASA Transportation Vice Chair

Post by proglamis »

Who's out there counting these little critters? How can they justify a listing with no current count? And how could you ever count them to know if they are endangered?

Can we sue the CBD for making this **** up?

Why don't they sue doctors for making the Polio virus endangered? It's one of God's creations too.

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

proglamis wrote:Who's out there counting these little critters? How can they justify a listing with no current count? And how could you ever count them to know if they are endangered?
It's referred to as "best available science" and it's the main reason we must get the ESA reformed.

Vicki
Vicki Warren
Dumont Dunes user groups

Sue Davies Laird
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson

Post by Sue Davies Laird »

So back in 1978 is was requested to be listed? IT seems to be still AROUND in 2002-3.

Enviros don't use SCIENCE.
Sue~

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

xjruss

Post by xjruss »

Who's out there counting these little critters? How can they justify a listing with no current count? And how could you ever count them to know if they are endangered?
I was thinking the exact same thing. It seems all the greenies have to do is mutter the work "threatened" or "endangered" and they are able to get it listed, with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

But we, on the other hand, provide rock-solid evidence against the greenies claims and still we are ignored.

What a gip! :x :x :x

Russ

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY »

I guess the beetle doesn't live in the 32,000 acre Wilderness area? When is that area going to be included in the discussions of the ISDRA dune system. I would be shocked if the beetle can't survive in the wilderness area, as well as the open dunes. Back when these initial considerations of this beetle by the FWS were done, the Wilderness area was not designated.
NO MORE CLOSURES are necessary to protect the obscure species of the Imperial Sand Dunes and Mr. Patterson and his clan know it. What part of TEMPORARY doesn't he understand!!!! :x :x :x

PS-Where is Andrew's Dunes? :? As far as I know we can't ride anywhere with a name of "Andrew's dunes" :wink:

--Mike
Offroading and Concern for the Environment are NOT Mutually Exclusive

San Pedro Sandman
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by San Pedro Sandman »

What a JOKE ! Next it will be that SAND will be Endangered ! Guess Danny Boy still searching for some reason to close Glamis ! Geez, What a complete WASTE of LIFE ! Blah,Blah,Blah
#3 Legends Never Die !
Dale Earnhardt ended his career with 676 Starts, 76 Victories,281 top5 Finishes,22 Poles,
7 Championships

Crowdog

Post by Crowdog »

SailAway wrote:
proglamis wrote:Who's out there counting these little critters? How can they justify a listing with no current count? And how could you ever count them to know if they are endangered?
It's referred to as "best available science" and it's the main reason we must get the ESA reformed.

Vicki
:arrow: http://www.crowley-offroad.com/reform_the_esa.htm :idea:
Last edited by Crowdog on Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Ron »

maybe we should bury dano and his buddies in the dunes, then the beetles could eat for ever off all that S*** . I see that dano failed to mention that the closures are temporary closures. Guess I better start scraping together some money, looks like more donations will be needed, everyone get your pocketbooks open.
- You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

Doorlord
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Doorlord »

Anyone know if this will be on the agenda at the next DAC meeting?

Sue Davies Laird

Post by Sue Davies Laird »

Ron wrote:. Guess I better start scraping together some money, looks like more donations will be needed, everyone get your pocketbooks open.
That's the best thing I can think of too!
Sue~

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

V8rail
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by V8rail »

Is this a surprise … hell no
Are there more species the CBD can bring up … hell yes
Have we hurt the CBD … when you think yes, wake up ASAP
Did we something the CBD has not planned that we will do … no
Do the math, most likely when we have delisted the PMV this beetle is listed and we are in another five year turn … and there are more species they can add another five year turns … basically it is that simple

In simple terms, the CBD stops not earlier then:

The ISDRA is closed

Or

There is no species left they can put on the endangered list

Or

The ESA is reformed

Or

The CBD is out of money

So follow the link Jon gave and start there fighting ....
Thomas

When your engine is not in front, you must be behind !

V8rail
Friends of Dumont Dunes

Voice

Post by Voice »

Well, unfortunantly I cannot seem to find a picture of this thing.
But, if it's those stupid black beetles I have an interesting story about them.
One morning Nathan woke up and decided to go on an early ride. He grabbed his gloves and put them on his hands only to find out that one of these beetles had crawled into each finger.
Now that's a nasty way to wake up!

:D

Vor
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

SailAway wrote:

Vicki
Vicki is their any science relating to the demise of this beetle at the dunes?
Chuck Mobley, Dunecologist
VP DUNERS
"The highest priority ought to be human life and the property of citizens."

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Told ya they would do this.. :)
VP DUNERS

xjruss

Post by xjruss »

I guess this is what it looks like:

http://www.dpcinc.org/gallery4_15.htm

They'll be really hard to count seeing as they are the same color as the sand!

Russ

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK

Post by QUACK, QUACK, QUACK »

Go to the Center's web site, look for "late breaking news", look for the "news" related to this subject, then click on the "petition" to review the PDF file and the same will answer most questions posted thus far.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org

snewbank
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by snewbank »

I have an idea....

Maybe we should funnel a little money from the ASA fund to take some scientists to the Patterson's family residence. If you look hard enough, I am sure you can find some organism that is unique to their front yard and I'm also sure you can demonstrate how the presence of the Patterson family is endangering this "unique species". We can petition to have it listed as a protected species then sue to have their front lawn closed. We can then start an investigation of their back yard and when they can no longer get access to their house and decide to move we can start the whole process over again.

If I understand the ESA correctly, this should be entirely possible to do. What to do you think?

-Scott

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Was anyone at Glamis over the weekend before Halloween? You know the weekend of the poker run. Remember those pesky beetles landing on you just after dark? Well folks that's the scarab beetle and they are big time pains in the *****. They stick on you and don't like to let go. And i'm telling you there are freaking millions of those things in the dunes. Threatened my butt.. Those things are in abundances. UGH.
VP DUNERS

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

Radrat wrote:Vicki is their any science relating to the demise of this beetle at the dunes?
I have a vague recollection of some info that came my way last year... probably in my "look into" stack. So okay, I'll "look into" it :o

Vicki
Vicki Warren
Dumont Dunes user groups

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Ok, I read their petition it's weak.. No up to date data on the scarab. So here we go again folks.. more studies more bs more money.
VP DUNERS

Voice

Post by Voice »

I heard that this beetle is what's killing the PMV!
Also, I heard that when the desert tortise eats the PMV that has beetle eggs laid in it, the tortise gets a deadly desiese and dies within 5 hours.

Vor
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

Poiks

Post by Poiks »

Feed one to Dan. :twisted:

ENDANGERED DUNER
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by ENDANGERED DUNER »

So now there are 240,000 visiter at the dunes. ****, this place is getting crowded fast. Give me a frickin break.
Are we there yet....?

AlxCook

Post by AlxCook »

As far as I can tell, there was only one study done, and it was in 1979 by Hardy and Andrews. I guess after 23 years a new study should be done by FWS or the BLM, not us or CBD. And what makes this dunes scarab beetle different than other scarab beetles from other dune systems???? Probably nothing!
Alex

Member of DUNERs, ASA, CORVA, SDORC, BRC, and the human race

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Alex absolutely nothing. Hence the name Andrews. Why you ask? Look at the study buddies.
VP DUNERS

Doorlord
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Doorlord »

I'll bet they don't like fingers or flashlights as much as Danny do.

ggorman
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by ggorman »

If it's based on the same flawed science that the PMV petition was based on then bring it on. We'll win that one too.

Greg
ASA Volunteer and Supporter
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Ron @ Lazer Star

Post by Ron @ Lazer Star »

Just like the PMV you watch. When the FWS denies their petition or doesn't answer fast enough, they'll be in court again to force them to list it. Is there still a moritoriam on court ordered listings?

Only difference this time... We're watching.
Ron Scott
Weekend Concepts
ron@lazerstar.net

Help keep the momentum, buy your raffle tickettoday!

GO HALOS!

Fuzzy Knight
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Fuzzy Knight »

Boy talk about CranialRectitus. These people will do what ever they can to keep us off the Dunes. Lie, Cheat - I'll bet ol Danny boy is using them mushrooms that cause you to have wild dreams OH wait thats illeagal!
But a most important point I hope the Courts look at Where is thier PROOOOOFFFFFFFFFFF?????? Just because they say it with conviction don't mean Squat to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuzzy
If every thing seems under control Your not going fast enough!
1986 250R
1986 250R CT 350 Kit
1986 250R Ct 350 PV Kit
1928 Model A Roadster
1953 Ford Club Coupe
1963 Fairlane 500 SportsCoupe
1963 1/2 Falcon Ranchero Original Factory V8 4 Speed

OBSESSED

Post by OBSESSED »

OK, The Black Stink Bug is not endangered is it?
The beatle flies?

Here's a story about the Black Stink Bug-BSB...

We used to have BSB races.
Gather up all you could find and draw two circles in the sand, one small about 2 foot radius and a 10'er.
First bug out of the 10' er wins.
Well too many beers and they all look alike.
So I came up with this idea, one year.
I'd number them, with wire numbers I put on wires when I need to.
I brought out to Glamis a number card or two. We gathered up the bugs, and I numbered about 20 or so. It worked great, I think # 15 was the fastest.
Anyway, on way home from dunes, I just started laffin my a-ss off!
After the "Races" we just let the Stink Bugs go. Off they wondered.
The reason for my uncontroled laughing? I was thinking about the next fellow (or kid) to find my 20 bugs!
"Look Mabel, these here bugs must be in some kind of desert study, they have a number on it" :lol: :shock: :lol:
And when Mr Stink Bug got home how was he to explain the number to Mrs Stink? :) :D :lol:

Maybe the number cards will make a return...
SB
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

Actually Fuzzy Kieren Suckling who founded the CBD has admitted in several newspaper interviews that he came up with the idea for the CBD while enjoying some less than legal mushrooms out in the desert.

He also admits to living in the bushes outside public buildings and a number of other less than legal methods of surviving on the handouts of those who think people shouldn't have to support themselves.

Reading what the founders of the CBD have to say about themselves and their tactics it's hard to believe that they're considered "good guys" by the general media anymore. But too many reporters are will to just take a CBD press release and turn it into a story with no research instead of actually finding out who it is feeding them information.

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

This latest ploy by the CDB has nothing to do with "proving" how many Scarab Beetles there are, or doing any study at all. It is just another attempt to close the dunes. Just like PMV, they don't care about science to prove or base their case. They will use what they feel is the FWS and BLM lack of action and past performance to press the issue. Its all in the article (emphasis is mine):
The Andrew’s dune scarab beetle was first proposed for ESA protection by FWS in 1978. At that time, FWS noted “this action is being taken because of their decreased population levels and anticipated adverse modification of their habitat.” FWS stated in the proposed rules that “the continued disruption of dune troughs by off-road vehicles prevents the accumulation of dead organic matter upon which the immature stages of this beetle feed.” In October 1980, FWS issued a notice to withdraw the proposal because final rulemaking had not been completed within a then required 2-year deadline. ESA protection for P. andrewsi was therefore denied due to the failure of FWS to meet mandatory statutory deadlines rather than due to new scientific data indicating a listing was not warranted.

FWS’s failure to provide legal protection for the beetle resulted in 24 years of dunes management by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) that failed to take into account the impacts of increasing ORV use on the beetle and the other rare and endangered fauna of the dunes. Currently, BLM is proposing a new management plan that not only fails to protect the beetle, but also eliminates ORV closures designed to protect a threatened plant found at the dunes, the Peirson’s milkvetch.
Now we may have to fight because something fell through the cracks over 22 years ago. The CDB doesn't even care about the beetle. If they did it wouldn't have taken them 22 years to bring it up again. Go Figure. I hope WE are not the only ones that see this for the BS it is!
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

Doorlord wrote:Anyone know if this will be on the agenda at the next DAC meeting?
No, unless someone brings it up during the public comment period.

Otherwise, they probably don't even know about it (except for the DAC members reading here) since it's a "citizen group" filing the petition. It won't come onto their radar screen for a while.

Vicki
Last edited by SailAway on Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicki Warren
Dumont Dunes user groups

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob »

Voice wrote:Well, unfortunantly I cannot seem to find a picture of this thing.Vor
Sure looks like one of them JUNE BUGS to me :roll: I say, Teach those little guys to stop flying accross the freeway, highways and into the campfires and we'll all be happy :lol:

SailAway

Post by SailAway »

These are great stories about these little critters and they will help with keeping this little critter off the ESA.

Please write down your "anecdotal comments" about your run-ins with the Andrew's Dune Scarab Beetle to be used when it's time to submit comments. Anyone want to volunteer to be the keeper of these comments?

Vicki
Vicki Warren
Dumont Dunes user groups

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob »

This was taken from the BLM web site
http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/nalgod.html

NATURAL RESOURCES: The Algodones Sand Dunes System covers 1,000 square miles, making it one of the largest dune complexes in North America. Other specially designated areas found within this wilderness include the Imperial Sand Hills National Natural Landmark and the Algodones Outstanding Natural Area. The wilderness is divided into two distinct zones. On the west side are the primary dunes, the largest and tallest dunes composed of relatively coarse sand. On the east are the secondary dunes, smaller and composed of generally finer sands carried further east by prevailing winds. The secondary dunes are interrupted in places by basins or flats which support mesquite, smoke tree, ironwood, palo verde and desert willow trees. Streams draining from the nearby Chocolate Mountains flow westward to the edge of the dunes, which act like a dam to hold the water. Ponds form in basins during the spring, supporting a variety of wildlife. The flat-tailed horned lizard, desert tortoise and Colorado desert fringe-toed lizard have all been spotted in the region, and the fine sands of the secondary dunes provide habitat for the Andrews dune scarab beetle.
Next thing you know people will be sue the makers of Cheese and their talking Cows :evil: Oh wait a minute.... Too late!
The beetle is endangered largely due to the historic, ongoing, and imminent increased destruction of its habitat by extensive off-road vehicle (ORV) use on the Algodones Dunes. The dune system will occasionally experience upwards of 240,000 ORV users on a single busy weekend, and a pending Bush administration decision would roll-back environmental protections on nearly 50,000 dunes acres, opening 85% of the beetle’s habitat to ORV damage.
I don't know about you, but we make every effort to Keep Out of the secondary dunes . We'll even take the Long Way around to avoid these areas like the Real Duners would do. We're aware of what lives in these areas,The flat-tailed horned lizard, desert tortoise and Colorado desert fringe-toed lizard, one or two lost bums. It's not what you call a "Great Place to Ride" anyway... Oh Danny Boy, Santa Must have you on top of his Bad Boy :twisted: list...
Last edited by YFZ Bob on Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MattV

Post by MattV »

In other words, the beetles live in places that people don't generally dune. Just like most everything else out there.

Matt
Water is just beer that hasn't reached its full potential.

mawieche
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by mawieche »

First of all pestcides cannot drift that far. Second, the FWS would have excess money if they were not being sued all of the time by you know who.
Just a dune dummie.

Jerry Seaver
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President

Post by Jerry Seaver »

In the 1987 Management Plan for the ISDRA it states, “The Andrew’s dune scarab beetle (Pseudocotalpa andrewsi) is a Federal candidate for listing as “threatened” or endangered.” It is found near Glamis and at several other locations in the secondary dunes on the east side of the dune system (Map EA-4). The species is probably endemic to the Imperial Dunew in Imperial County, California, and Baja California Norte, Mexico.

The beetle specifically inhabits troughs of loose drifting sand between the dunes. A substantial portion of the recreation area has been proposed previously as critical habitat for the beetle.”

The 2002 DEIS states, “Likely endemic to the Imperial Sand Dunes, Andrews’ dune scarab beetle is found primarily along the eastern edge of the dunes in the transitional zone between creosote bush scrub, psammophytic scrub, and microphyll woodland habitats. Little is known about the biology of this beetle. Current information about the distribution and preferred habitat at the Plan Area is not available (CNDDB, 2001). There are no confirmed host plants identified of the Andrews’ dune scarab beetle. However, the adults of this species are known to swarm around creosote bushes, and may utilize the subsurface wet sand to regulate body temperature during the day (CNNDB, 2001). No information about threats to this species is available.”

Jason G
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Jason G »

FWS’s failure to provide legal protection for the beetle resulted in 24 years of dunes management by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) that failed to take into account the impacts of increasing ORV use on the beetle and the other rare and endangered fauna of the dunes. Currently, BLM is proposing a new management plan that not only fails to protect the beetle, but also eliminates ORV closures designed to protect a threatened plant found at the dunes, the Peirson’s milkvetch

Sounds kike this guy is never going to stop. Thank GOD for the ASA. Good thing we are alot more organized and prepared for this fight then at the begining of the PMV battle.

Glamis NOR
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Glamis NOR »

I think Danny Boy has made this personal. I can't believe that he has nothing better to do with his life (very, very sad). I'm sorry, but you would think that as an environmentalist they would have much bigger fish to fry. I am so frustrated with these people. I know I shouldn't say this, but I'm for the earlier comment of burying Danny Boy and is clan in the Dunes - and I don't care what feeds on them (sorry!). We must keep fighting and break this man down. Doesn't he realize that these dunes are the best place for us???? Maybe they want us trekking through the desert. They are always crying about erosion, none in the sand.

I will keep buying the merchandise, the raffle tickets, and doing anything else to help provide funds for this fight.

I just hope that everyone sees what is going on here. I would like to think that people will start seeing Danny Boy for what he is - a crazy extremist. I use to consider myself as sort of an environmentalist, but no more.

Round 2 - Lets do it.

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Glamis Nor,

the fact is it isn't about the beetle or the PMV. It's about off roaders. He absolutely hates us. PERIOD. It's got to be something in his childhood.
VP DUNERS

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

Radrat wrote:Glamis Nor,

the fact is it isn't about the beetle or the PMV. It's about off roaders. He absolutely hates us. PERIOD. It's got to be something in his childhood.
Like Chuck said. Patterson and the CDB have spread their terror all over the place. Its not just off roaders, hunters, & fishermen, they don't like cows either. They say cows destroy the habitat. They have came out with conflicting postions on the same topics at different times. Check them out some more.. if you have a strong stomach.
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”