Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Jason G
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Declaration of a duner

Post by Jason G »

Now I have said this in in another post before but I thought it was worth saying again.....

I say strict, harsh and speedy punishment for flagrant law breakers. We all know who the problem is out there and its pretty much not anyone on this bb. I feel in order to keep what area that we have left open we are going to have to take action in our own hands. We are going to have to make these partiers feel as unwelcome as possible. Now I dont mean angrily confronting them, just dont help them out at all. If you see them breaking the law report it to the rangers as soon as possible. After all isn't that part of the checkered flag programs slogan, and once these people realize that they not only have to worry about LEOs but also their neighbor. or anyone flying a checkered flag for that matter. Hopefully they will stay home or at the very least find some place else to party.

Now going to the dunes is a place for me to cut loose just like it is for alot of you, But why should anyone feel that the laws are any different out there then if they stayed in the city. I am tired of having to defend my play time because of the yahoos who think the dunes are a dump that they can party on. They have to be made to feel unwelcome! PERIOD!

I am in no way saying that the ASA members should become the dune police. Just police ourselves and whats whats around us that we can control. It makes me angry that it has come down to this BUT, if that is what it is going to take to stop the closures I am going to do it .

I have been reading this BB for over a year now and have not posted much for the simple reason that if a topic runs long enough you good people always seem to find a solution that I can agree with. But to this point I have not seen a good solution so far. What do you think?

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by OBSESSED »

I say strict, harsh and speedy punishment for flagrant law breakers.
I don't think you'll find too many to disagree with that...

SB

KFXBob

Punishment

Post by KFXBob »

I agree about the lawbreakers, Ticket or Arrest them and haul them away.
Hit them in the pocket, as in a DUI goes on there record even if it's Off Road, meaning Fine, loss of drivers license, and higher insurance, and they have to pay to get there vehical back from impound.
I'm sure some of the legit. users may get caught up in the battle, but in the long run the PARTY ANIMALS will move on. I for one like my cold brewski's while in camp, but I like to ride even more, so if I have to give up a little to gain alot, so be it!!

Bob J

350r4trx
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by 350r4trx »

i would like to konw how you all feel about tickets at camp ... in regards to under age drinking?

lets just say hypithetically .. there may be a camper under the age of 21 drinkin a brewski.. do all of you have bad feelings about that? and wish for them to be hauled away??

just wondering.. this is all hypithetical ofcouurse :D

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

If they're under 21 they have no business drinking a brewski and deserve a ticket. Its that simple.

If you want to let your underage children drink do it at home in a controlled environment not out on the public lands.

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”