KERRY CONCEDES!!!

This forum is for the discussion of topics of political nature that affect the duning community.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

jm102397
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

KERRY CONCEDES!!!

Post by jm102397 »

:D
Julie Monroe

ca desertdigger
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by ca desertdigger »

Its a beautiful day. GOD BLESS AMERICA. :D

kev
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by kev »

=D> \:D/

Sue Davies Laird
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson

Post by Sue Davies Laird »

I am on Cloud nine.. \:D/ =D> :D
Bush won with a record POPULAR VOTE beating out EVEN Ronald Reagan..

What a WONDERFUL day ..... \:D/ =D> :D \:D/ =D> :D

God Bless America

Hey Michael MOORE and UBL and HOLLYWOOD !! .. Take THAT! \:D/ \:D/ :P
Sue~

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

quadfather
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by quadfather »

big sigh of relief. :)
bob

"You can't fix stupid."
R. White

sbheg
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sbheg »

Big Dissapointment! Only thing positvive is the dunes may be saved, but then who will really cares, about 0.005 % of the population of the country that off-roads.

sbheg
Proud ASA Volunteer

L&L Corvairs
ASA Board Member
ASA Board Member

Post by L&L Corvairs »

I think in fairness, we need to at least thank Kerry for doing the ‘right thing’ for the country and not trying for a re-peat of 2000.
L&L
It is not ours to decide the times in which we live.
It is only ours to decide what to do with the time given us.

Make the most of your time.

snewbank
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by snewbank »

Bummer about Bill Jones though.
Scott

Idaho Falls

AlxCook

Post by AlxCook »

sbheg wrote:Big Dissapointment! Only thing positvive is the dunes may be saved, but then who will really cares, about 0.005 % of the population of the country that off-roads.

sbheg

Your opinion, but for me personally, Bush is better.

Why.........

I am a self employeed contractor, thus better tax situation under Bush. Which means , I keep more of my money.

I believe the economy is on the right track, and I am in sales and have seen double digit growth in the last two years.

Land use, might be selfish, but that is what I wanted.

As for Kerry people, they alwasy think they know what is best for everyone else, well, for me it is BUSH!!
Alex

Member of DUNERs, ASA, CORVA, SDORC, BRC, and the human race

FunRunner
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by FunRunner »

High fives to all Bush supporters. The Democrats were relying on the exit polls, which they say were way, way off. It was close, and no surprise; same as in 2000. Anyway, congratulations to W and DC; I wish you well during your next 4 years.
Last edited by FunRunner on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N2Deep
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by N2Deep »

:D

quad1100

Post by quad1100 »

I would have been much happier if I would have seen a subject like "Boxer Concedes!" Oh well, at least this is her last term.

lgannawa
1st Gear Member

Post by lgannawa »

I got this via email...I'm not saying who I wanted to win...but this IS pretty funny.

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER OLD VERSION:
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.
Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION:
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.
Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.
CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.
America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?
Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."
Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.
Tom Daschle & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share." Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer.
The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.
Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.
The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.
The ant has disappeared in the snow.
The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Vote Republican!

Like I said, I might not share the opinion of this little story, but it did make me chuckle.

lg
I love sand!!! Don't you?

Return to “Political Discussions Only”