Hillary and Bill for 2008?

This forum is for the discussion of topics of political nature that affect the duning community.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Glamisman
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Hillary and Bill for 2008?

Post by Glamisman »

The talking heads seem the think that in 2008 it will be a Hillary for Pres. and Bill For VP... God save us all.

Poiks
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Poiks »

I've heard much more chatter from the Democrats that they need a candidate from a "red state" in order to be competitive. I think they need more than that--they need a major shift in their message. Some have predicted many years of Republican dominance, and I could see that being true.

There are plenty of Republicans I could support.

airkuld
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Re: Hillary and Bill for 2008?

Post by airkuld »

Glamisman wrote:The talking heads seem the think that in 2008 it will be a Hillary for Pres. and Bill For VP... God save us all.
I think that by the time the next election comes around, heads that really want to win the next election will prevail. Hillary, even with Bill, is probably not electable.

AlxCook
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by AlxCook »

It will be interesting on the Republican side also. Is John McCain the front runner?? Maybe Peter Uberroth?

I do believe the Republican and Democratic nominees need to be more centered than right and left in 2008. I want a middle of the road President, not the lessor of two evils. That is why our country is divided, they are very extreme in their viewpoints.
Alex

Member of DUNERs, ASA, CORVA, SDORC, BRC, and the human race

Voice

Post by Voice »

With so many Liberals leaving the country there will be no Democrats left to elect Billery.
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

Poiks

Post by Poiks »

Voice wrote:With so many Liberals leaving the country there will be no Democrats left to elect Billery.
:D Don't get your hopes up, Brian. :D

airkuld
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by airkuld »

Voice wrote:With so many Liberals leaving the country there will be no Democrats left to elect Billery.
Gosh, I know. Mansions in Malibu are going to be dirt cheap, there will be so many on the market.

sbheg
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sbheg »

A. Cook wrote: I do believe the Republican and Democratic nominees need to be more centered than right and left in 2008. I want a middle of the road President, not the lessor of two evils. That is why our country is divided, they are very extreme in their viewpoints.
I agree with your statement!

sbheg
Proud ASA Volunteer

Ross & Alice
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Ross & Alice »

She'll no doubt run,, and get beat deluxe.
She won't have Bill along other than campaigning.

Rudy Guliani will beat her easily.
Ride Safer by Riding Sober
Friends of Dumont Dunes

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Washroad »

If Hillary runs, I'll vote for her 'cause I'd like to see her in office for her THIRD term!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

Sue Davies Laird
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson

Post by Sue Davies Laird »

Poiks wrote:
There are plenty of Republicans I could support.
Ok Jon.. DO tell? Who? :D (No seriously I would like to know) :?:

I'm a Guiliani fan myself.... I doubt McCain will toss his hat in .. but he seems to be one who can move accross both isles...
Sue~

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

Crowdog

Post by Crowdog »

Hilliary first has to decide what she will do in 2006 for her NY senate seat. If she runs and Guliani plays too, will she win? Will she state that she will serve out the entire term, or will she lie?

I still don't think that the US is truly ready to elect a woman or a black. There seems to be a lot of support, but when it really comes down to it, do you think a majority of white men would vote for a woman?

Glamisman
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Glamisman »

If she was Margaret Thatcher like... in a heartbeat.

norocksplease
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by norocksplease »

correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only serve 2 terms... Bill has already served to therefore he is not applicable. Because, if something were to happen to hilary, he would serve her term for her, and that would be against our rules. Please correct me if I'm wrong..

BHenry
Bulletin Board Administrator

Post by BHenry »

norocksplease wrote:correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only serve 2 terms... Bill has already served to therefore he is not applicable. Because, if something were to happen to hilary, he would serve her term for her, and that would be against our rules. Please correct me if I'm wrong..
Actually, Bill could be Vice President. If something were to happen to Hillary, he would complete her term, but would not be able to run for his own term after that (since he has already served his 2 terms).
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

jce12ga
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by jce12ga »

If Hillary were to run in 2008 and Bill were to be her VP would he then be the "Vice" President of the U.S. ? I think this would be a fitting title. When Bill C. was president he was more concerned with his personal vices and being "liked" than conducting the business of being President.

Last time we had a President that was more concerned with being "liked"
we had such wonderful fiasco's as Viet Nam. Remember LBJ and wanting to be "liked" by the American people?

( Please do not misunderstand my reference to the Viet Nam War. It was not the reason we were there that I have a problem with, It was the micro-managing of policies and combat decisions by Washington bureaucrats I detested. Robert McNamara and LBJ tried to run the war from DC and did not allow commanders in the field to make decisions.)
Been to El Yeti lately?

FunRunner

Post by FunRunner »

Three Arkansas surgeons were playing golf together and discussing surgeries they had performed.

One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in Arkansas. In my favorite case, a concert pianist lost seven fingers in an accident, I reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a private concert for the Queen of England.

The second surgeon said. "That's nothing. A young man lost an arm and both legs in an accident, I reattached them, and 2 years later he won a gold medal in track and field events in the Olympics."

The third surgeon said, "You guys are amateurs. Several years ago a woman was high on cocaine and marijuana and she rode a horse head-on into a train traveling 80 miles an hour. All I had left to work with was the woman's blonde hair and the horse's *****. I was able to put them together and now she's a senator from New York.

Rekd

Post by Rekd »

What's in your sippy cup?
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

ATVs /Offroading at About.com

dunernr
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by dunernr »

wouldn't Bill have to be the first "lady" i mean Man? if Hillery was president... don't think he could be Vice.... it would be like having Bush's wife Laura as Vice president... against the law ain't it??? The whole checks and balences thing i think...

FunRunner

Post by FunRunner »

If Hillary were to get elected, Bill would be the President's husband; nothing more; of course, we know that wouldn't hold true. Bill would likely steal the limelight frequently; if they make it that long together, it would certainly be an interesting turn of events, though not one, I'd care to see. :roll:

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

dunernr wrote:wouldn't Bill have to be the first "lady" i mean Man? if Hillery was president... don't think he could be Vice.... it would be like having Bush's wife Laura as Vice president... against the law ain't it??? The whole checks and balences thing i think...
Yes, he would be the "First Man" if he was just married to the President. But that was not what was referred to in the original post.
Glamisman wrote:The talking heads seem the think that in 2008 it will be a Hillary for Pres. and Bill For VP... God save us all.
I don't think the Constitution prevents a former President from subsequently holding the office of Vice-President. However, I could be wrong.
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

BHenry

Post by BHenry »

LoBuck wrote:
dunernr wrote:wouldn't Bill have to be the first "lady" i mean Man? if Hillery was president... don't think he could be Vice.... it would be like having Bush's wife Laura as Vice president... against the law ain't it??? The whole checks and balences thing i think...
Yes, he would be the "First Man" if he was just married to the President. But that was not what was referred to in the original post.
I don't think the Constitution prevents a former President from subsequently holding the office of Vice-President. However, I could be wrong.
That is correct Glenn. Bill could be VP, and if for some resaon Hillary could not finish her term, he could. He would not be able to run again for another new term, as he has already met his term limit.
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

FunRunner

Post by FunRunner »

Just call it "The Hill and Bill Show" or, if they were from Tennessee, you could call them "The Hillbillies" :lol: you can call them that anyway, if you want :wink:

Return to “Political Discussions Only”