The Ultimate (Rape) Outsource by the outgoing GOP Party

This forum is for the discussion of topics of political nature that affect the duning community.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

The Ultimate (Rape) Outsource by the outgoing GOP Party

Post by RAD4EVER »

$40,000,000,000-Plus going to Airbus to build... American Military Aircraft?
Don't care how you guys spin it......it's raping the last of our monies available to the Congress and Senate regarding the ending of a "Lame Duck" year?
This has to be the worst leadership since "The Nixon/Ford/Reagan" "Stagnation/Reaganomics" period.
President Carter's time in office didn't have a chance with Nixon and Ford blunders handling the Country. Look what happened to the insane tax cuts President Reagan did to the Country.....unbalance/inflated the budget for a ton of years?
Old Man Bush "CreditCard ChickenPotPie" administration the worst in modern presidential history. His son President Bush sure to be listed as the worst president than Jackson, Harding, Nixon to name a few.
I've lived through two real "Recessions"......the recession we're in now is going to be the worst one in history.
Ten's of thousand of aircraft/auto/construction/office-techs not to mention unskilled labor in for the worst time in their lives. The lost of homes will be staggering....with no end in sight! Ten 4sale homes in two block radius!
Reflecting consumers shock at the supermarkets.....lowest harvest and processing since the "Great Depression" nearly 80 years ago. Quoting Farmers, Dairy and Food processing Companies scared poor by the insane laws being enacted? Hence the insane cost of food we must buy to feed our children plus those we have responsibility over...relatives in need!
Health care, lack of simple insurance to hundred's of thousand's workers being laid off in the past couple of years.
When and if they do, what are the ten's of thousands of fighting soldiers coming home are going to do and live without jobs?
My "PollyAnna" belief is that a private civilian army(BlackWater/Others) are being groomed to handle the unrest that'll rear it's head after the multi-trillion dollar rape is over and brought home to already hateful/unstable economy?
RAD4Ever

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandcock »

Rad - I'm not on board with the airbus contract award either.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Rekd
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Rekd »

While I'm not fond of outsourcing 40 billion, there's more to it than "a lame duck president trying to trash the place like a Rock Star" mentality.

For one thing, you can blame Boeing for making a proposal that even the Frenchies could beat. Neither the dams nor the pugs made the call, pentagon did. Maybe Boeing will wake up now and realize that they CAN lose a military contract.

And if you look past the name of the plane there are a very large amount of American companies on this project. Most notably is Northrup. It just so happens one of the key companies in this deal we make parts for so we are about to become busy again!! YAY!
Last edited by Rekd on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's in your sippy cup?
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

ATVs /Offroading at About.com

f-BOB
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by f-BOB »

Definitely not on board with the Airbus award, but...

While I won't argue that W may not be the best president we've had (in my lifetime anyway) blaming one person for the current state of affairs is the wrong approach. Years and years of legislative garbage have come from a system that has been broken for a very very long time. Corporate lobbyist holding the ears of our government, driving their agendas into law, elected officials believing they know what's best for their constituents with utter disregard for what the people really want and need, electoral system that is antiquated and doesn't reflect the vote of the people, etc, etc, etc.

Rad, while I appreciate your frustration with our current state of political affairs, I think it's slightly misdirected.
If "pro" means yes, and "con" means no, is Congress the opposite of Progress?

'05-Raptor 660
'05-Raptor 350
'05 Banshee
'07 YFZ 450

crash

Post by crash »

THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Whatever RAD.

As I understand it, the decision was made by the Pentagon and Airbus beat Boeing in virtually EVERY category they looked at. I think it would have been a behind closed doors, travisty if they DIDN'T chose the company based on the merits of the product. Not happy it's a foreign company, but I believe, if what I have heard is true, that they made the correct choice. Now we'll see if Airbus can deliver. :?:

ddjthomas
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by ddjthomas »

I am not going to get involved in the political discussions.

But, as for the contract, Boeing was actually awarded this contract many years ago. It was pulled back by the pentagon after they found out that Boeing hired the Air Force contracting officer that awarded the contract (just a little unethical). Anybody who works for Boeing can atest to the amount of ETHICS TRAINING they do now.

After many years of re-doing all the bids it went to Airbus. That make 2 really large Gov. contracts that I know of going to European companies (Airbus, for this one and Eurocrapter for an Army helicopter known as the LUH) both in the last 5 years.

The White house had little to do with either one.
Donny
AKA: Digger
feet in the sand.....
you gatta love that

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

I've never really given it thought of who has oversight of the Pentgaon. Who has the oversight :?: I guess one would be naive to beleive that politics does not go on in the Pentagon :shock:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

OBSESSED

Re: The Ultimate (Rape) Outsource by the outgoing GOP Party

Post by OBSESSED »

RAD4EVER wrote:$40,000,000,000-Plus going to Airbus to build... American Military Aircraft?
Don't care how pin it......it's raping the last of our monies available to the Congress and Senate regarding the ending of a "Lame Duck" year?
This has to be the worst leadership since "The Nixon/Ford/Reagan" "Stagnation/Reaganomics" period.

President Carter's time in office didn't have a chance with Nixon and Ford blunders handling the Country.
Look what happened to the insane tax cuts President Reagan did to the Country.....unbalance/inflated the budget for a ton of years?
Old Man Bush "CreditCard ChickenPotPie" administration the worst in modern presidential history. His son President Bush sure to be listed as the worst president than Jackson, Harding, Nixon to name a few.
I've lived through two real "Recessions"......the recession we're in now is going to be the worst one in history.
Ten's of thousand of aircraft/auto/construction/office-techs not to mention unskilled labor in for the worst time in their lives. The lost of homes will be staggering....with no end in sight! Ten 4sale homes in two block radius!
Reflecting consumers shock at the supermarkets.....lowest harvest and processing since the "Great Depression" nearly 80 years ago. Quoting Farmers, Dairy and Food processing Companies scared poor by the insane laws being enacted? Hence the insane cost of food we must buy to feed our children plus those we have responsibility over...relatives in need!
Health care, lack of simple insurance to hundred's of thousand's workers being laid off in the past couple of years.
When and if they do, what are the ten's of thousands of fighting soldiers coming home are going to do and live without jobs?
My "PollyAnna" belief is that a private civilian army(BlackWater/Others) are being groomed to handle the unrest that'll rear it's head after the multi-trillion dollar rape is over and brought home to already hateful/unstable economy?[/size]you guys s
RAD4Ever
I don't care how you spin it...
I agree with you one the first line, except, you seem to be wanting to re-write history with the attack on reality of history from the cut and paste liberal/demo piece that follows...
Who wrote the rest of the story for you, Howard Dean?

S

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Fly Boeing when you can, Douglas and Lockheed when you have to, and Air Bus when your in a pine box. Around the Fight line I often hear the term Scare Bus, along with affectionate name for Boeing I'll keep to myself, but it rhymes with...TJ :lol:
The Country is ran by the few that show up.
They are lead by the even fewer that step up.

http://WWW.TEAMSTEALTH.ORG Noise issue information.
http://WWW.OHMVR.COM Total Off Road Recreation!

Tom Tammone

crash

Post by crash »

From what little I have seen, the Airbus components look pretty good. The problem I see is that they appear to have components that require specialty tools that are different from the Boeing components. You know what that means. All new sets of tools and more training. Anyway the good components on an Airbus were probably subbed from a U.S. company. :lol:

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Remember what happened just after 911 in Queens NY, once airborne in an Air Bus keep your dam feet off the rudder pedals :?

Also whats the Favorite airplane of todays airline pilots???

A Boeing 757 Why???

1 it has BIG JUGS.........(powerfull turbofans)

2 it has LONG LEGGS....(lots of range)

3 and it will do ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!! (not fippin fly by wire)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kHa3WNerjU&feature=related

:lol: ...TJ

Tom Tammone

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

Straight up BS. It shouldn't always be about the money. Part of the problem the US economy is experiencing is because of trade deficits, loss of US jobs, a weakening $$$, money going overseas, etc. This contract does all of those things! So we save a few bucks, what's the impact on our economy in the big picture??? Put it this way...the French love this contract right? That should tell you right there it's no good for us. Fork the French!
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

[

I don't care how you spin it...
I agree with you one the first line, except, you seem to be wanting to re-write history with the attack on reality of history from the cut and paste liberal/demo piece that follows...
Who wrote the rest of the story for you, Howard Dean?

S[/quote]
No my friend, where in the past months have you witness copying and pasting in my post?
Never! I have more respect for those who put them selfs on the line responding and putting their thoughts on the table!
Every line hammered out I'm claiming as mine.
As for recreating history, would look rather foolish, because the less informed will just Google it and throw it in my face.
I have felt the lost of past presidents whom the better part of ASA members I am sure weren't born their times.
Truman, Kennedy and Johnson great pushes for a self sustaining society, plus, having great money numbers unmatched by most presidents since! President Eisenhower's chance of Presidential greatness lost to him when he was forced to get involved in Vietnam, thereby in his last radio address to the Nation....be careful of the Military Complex....and history has showed, President Eisenhower was right!
When reading the names on the "Vietnam Memorial"....President Kennedy's name should have been engrave along side with his soldiers! Why not, he died with them? I left four quarters at the Wall, under the names of friends who die for nothing? One quarter at Audy Murphy's grave so as to honor him.
But, go ahead and rank, cause I will not get into name calling...period!
Just remember, not everyone looking in PDO are dominate die hard "Get out the vote" Republicans and can see what happening in it's forum!
Another point......just to make it clear to anyone reading the topic I've posted.......President's Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy and President Johnson would be regarded as Republicans today, if viewed in current definition? Would it be safe to say....how would the past four Presidents be viewed as...Latent-Social-Democrats, War-Monger-Republicans or Middle-Ages Religious-Hawkers...how about "Opportunistic-Totalitarians"?
Feel free to choose....
RAD4Ever

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Sandcock wrote:Rad - I'm not on board with the airbus contract award either.
Sandy, I know it.
Just throwing it out there to see how my slant/rant is taken.
Later.....gots t'get!
RAD

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

The contract should have stayed here. Look at all the millions that go to PORK and the millions that go to foreign aide (some of them being rogue countries). These are American jobs lost. As stated above in the thread, the French are loving it, that says something right there. Smoothing it over by saying American workers will be making parts, components, etc. is not cutting it. IMO, military equipment should be made right here in the good ole USofA.

btw, it wouldn't surprise me if a back room deal was made at the Pentagon :shock:

IMO, Prez Bush is a visionary and only time will tell. This war against terrorist started during Clinton's tour of duty and esculated into Bush's. Bush had the huevos to do something about it and as I recall a majority of the dems were on board. This crap that is insinuated by the dems about lying about WMD's is pure crap and politics. IMO, our country is falling back into complacency and being apathetic. Now the visionary part, Bush knows that if we do not do something about the terrorists now it will be on our childrens and grandchildrens plate. Take care of it now. Is it painful? YES :!: Does pain bring gain? IMO, YES. Just know that it is desire of the radical terrorists (we know who we are talking about) to kill everyone that is not of their faith/religion.

We'll see what the future holds :arrow:

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Sandcock wrote:The contract should have stayed here. Look at all the millions that go to PORK and the millions that go to foreign aide (some of them being rogue countries). These are American jobs lost. As stated above in the thread, the French are loving it, that says something right there.

IMO, Prez Bush is a visionary and only time will tell. This war against terrorist started during Clinton's tour of duty and escalated into Bush's.

We'll see what the future holds :arrow:
Sandy, the French have putting it to US since the end of WWII! French President Charles De Gaulle's hatred of the United States for not entering the war before six million French citizens died was in his mind shameful?
His policies are still in place beyond the grave.
1. Set in motion the gathering of nations forming the EU.
2. Set in motion an attack on the gold standard around the world during 50's and 60's.
3. Set in motion the making the Euro, common currency of the Union.
I can go on forever on the French, but I'll let it rest on that point.
Second, terrorism really started with President Nixon's watch, with Munich massacre! The attack on the Twin Towers during President Ford's watch, President Reagan's 25 percent Hari-Kari tax cut and "Desert Storm" on Old Man Bush's watch.
Sandy, if both of us are going to wet each other's HushPuppies, might as well go back when the Philistines were wiped out and both Hebrew Talmud and the Old Christian Bible will not.....recognized the State of Philistine (Palestine )...ever! Why should they, the Philistines don't exist?
That my friend, has pissed them, The Arab World and the Ghost of Arafat.... off, to this day?
Shalom,
RAD4Ever

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Rad, are you saying we are in the end times :?: One more thing, didn't Truman, JFK, LBJ, and Jimmy "The Peanut Farmer" Carter contibute to the state of affairs in regards to the negative criticism you disparge on the Republican Presidents that you are naming :?: It goes both ways :wink:
might as well go back when the Philistines
They were on the scene much later.............the people of the area were the Edomites and Moabites. Regardless, the Lord chose Abraham and Sara..........offspring: Ishmael from the surrogate mother Hagar and what Christians thinks of as the birth of the Arabic people; Isaac, the son of Sara and basically the beginning of God's chosen people, the Hebrews. Thus the song Father Abraham had many sons.........

The hatred towards the Hebrews goes back to when Abraham sent Hagar and Ishmael out into the wilderness, i.e. he chose Isaac.

You are right that there will never be peace in the region. Israel has conceded land that is part of the Promised Land and it will never be enough.

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

These are very informative!
RAD4EVER wrote:$40,000,000,000-Plus going to Airbus to build... American Military Aircraft?
Don't care how you guys spin it......it's raping the last of our monies available to the Congress and Senate regarding the ending of a "Lame Duck" year?
President Carter's time in office didn't have a chance with Nixon and Ford blunders handling the Country. Look what happened to the insane tax cuts President Reagan did to the Country.....unbalance/inflated the budget for a ton of years?
My "PollyAnna" belief is that a private civilian army(BlackWater/Others) are being groomed to handle the unrest that'll rear it's head after the multi-trillion dollar rape is over and brought home to already hateful/unstable economy?
RAD4Ever
:shock: Viva la France?? All of this does not sound good. :shock:
RAD4EVER wrote: Sandy, the French have putting it to US since the end of WWII! French President Charles De Gaulle's hatred of the United States for not entering the war before six million French citizens died was in his mind shameful?
His policies are still in place beyond the grave.
1. Set in motion the gathering of nations forming the EU.
2. Set in motion an attack on the gold standard around the world during 50's and 60's.
3. Set in motion the making the Euro, common currency of the Union.
I can go on forever on the French, but I'll let it rest on that point.
Second, terrorism really started with President Nixon's watch, with Munich massacre! The attack on the Twin Towers during President Ford's watch, President Reagan's 25 percent Hari-Kari tax cut and "Desert Storm" on Old Man Bush's watch.
Sandy, if both of us are going to wet each other's HushPuppies, might as well go back when the Philistines were wiped out and both Hebrew Talmud and the Old Christian Bible will not.....recognized the State of Philistine (Palestine )...ever! Why should they, the Philistines don't exist?
That my friend, has pissed them, The Arab World and the Ghost of Arafat.... off, to this day?
Shalom,
RAD4Ever
:shock:

Ah Ha! The national archives must be open - I knew tricky Dick had something to do with the start of terrorism! Yeah, he was probably too busy erasing tapes in the Oval Office, praying on his knees with Kissinger and walking the Great wall of China to monitor those terrorists... Rats!

Also, thanks for the heads up, I did not know that the Philistines and Arafat were the good guys...

As you stated, the Philistine ancestors were wiped out. However, after being wiped out, I also heard that they were then forced to leave the someday-to-be-called Palestine. It was after a very long sojourn that they eventually ended up in the place known today as Phrance... but this is just heresay.)

I digress...
:)
RAD4EVER wrote: I have felt the lost of past presidents whom the better part of ASA members I am sure weren't born their times.

(WHAT?, I'm sorry, I did not go to college.)

...Truman, Kennedy and Johnson great pushes for a self sustaining society, plus, having great money numbers unmatched by most presidents since! President Eisenhower's chance of Presidential greatness lost to him when he was forced to get involved in Vietnam, thereby in his last radio address to the Nation....be careful of the Military Complex....and history has showed, President Eisenhower was right!
When reading the names on the "Vietnam Memorial"....President Kennedy's name should have been engrave along side with his soldiers! Why not, he died with them? I left four quarters at the Wall, under the names of friends who die for nothing? One quarter at Audy Murphy's grave so as to honor him.
But, go ahead and rank, cause I will not get into name calling...period!
Just remember, not everyone looking in PDO are dominate die hard "Get out the vote" Republicans and can see what happening in it's forum!
Another point......just to make it clear to anyone reading the topic I've posted.......President's Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy and President Johnson would be regarded as Republicans today, if viewed in current definition? Would it be safe to say....how would the past four Presidents be viewed as...Latent-Social-Democrats, War-Monger-Republicans or Middle-Ages Religious-Hawkers...how about "Opportunistic-Totalitarians"?
Feel free to choose....
WOW! :shock: :shock: Hmmm, working on an ulcer are we?

Sounds like someone here needs a vacation from the problems...

and another Reaganesque tax cut... :lol: :lol:

And I quote:

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program." - Ronald Reagan

Thanks for venting Rad.

Now...

Deep breath in... Hold it... Now let it go... Repeat as necessary.

Carry on.

Peace out Bro... 8)

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

MR. PETE wrote:
Now...

Deep breath in... Hold it... Now let it go... Repeat as necessary.

Carry on.

Peace out Bro... 8)
Ah....a Reaganista! Thought you folks were still trying to get "Oli-Money4Arms" out of Perpetual Hell?
Quaint Reagan quotes from "Nancy's Memories" during her 8 years in power!
Sure, while Reagan was using his great oratory, walking on water script written speeches, everyone of his fanatical followers knew that in back of his podium, he was slipping on his high tech "Teflon Condom" over his P...r, ready to screw the Country for whatever it's worth.
Does anyone remember his people lying about "Ransoms", the battle over the SuperRich worst nightmare..... "Capital Gains" with their man Reagan battling the House's? The Market fall of '87?
Don't know about anyone else, but I lost a bunch of drachma's?
President Reagan didn't do a "Thing" to make our Country from recovering from a decade of Vietnam Bankruptcy, those checks were in place before he took office. Yes, his "People" did set in place some neat money policy programs in place, but the BigMoney wasn't going to take it in the pants once his terms were nearing the end! It was his 25% tax cut that set back the gains another ten or more years, thereby a huge crash at Wall Street!

Poor Old Man Bush.....had to resort to "Chicken-PotPie-CreditCard" Economics.....disastrous! A "One term Loser"!
Currant Bush Administration borrowing "Trillions" around globe just to run his "War" and keeping government running day to day?
But, that's OK, I don't deny "PollyAnna" beliefs that My Country will somehow save it's self, just while you are "Smoking n Toking" thinking some Super Oli-GOP Patriot is going to set this Country to Right.
From where I stand, after the "Election"... there's going to be a "Two-Party-Monster Congress" ready to raid our weekly paychecks, SuperDip the Pension Fund and sure to hold 401k hostage!
That's right my friends, both sides of the aisle! No matter who wins?
Think not?
Watch!
Listen, I'm putting it on the table so as to get the message out, not worried about perception , just as long ideas can be exchange without anger?
I regressed from .........,
RAD
Naah...can't resist!
Peter, while you're laying on your back, legs spread.....practicing to squeeze out hard line....... "Le'GOP'Mas", try getting on board suggesting cures, not gushing out silly little pink skirt prattle?
Your Bro,
RADICAL

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

RAD4EVER wrote: Naah...can't resist!
Peter, while you're laying on your back, legs spread.....practicing to squeeze out hard line....... "Le'GOP'Mas", try getting on board suggesting cures, not gushing out silly little pink skirt prattle?
Your Bro,
RADICAL
I do not know why or where that came from. :-k [-X

So, you want a suggestion?

How about these from another thread (9/11 Trials) you started:

crash wrote:
BTW- Name calling and broad generalizations with terms like "bunch of clueless morons", "<SNIP>", etc. don't, IMHO, do anything to strengthen your argument. On the contrary, in my eyes, it weakens your points substantially. It's a sign that you have little or no evidence to support your POV, just emotion.
Rekd wrote:
If you want people to take you seriously, show some respect for your peers and superiors and quit acting like my 5 year old, mkthks.
Moveon.org might be a better home for you. Don't be surprised if you get ignored around here.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

MR. PETE wrote:
RAD4EVER wrote: Naah...can't resist!
gushing out silly little pink skirt prattle?
Your Bro,
RADICAL
I do not know why or where that came from. :-k [-X

Don't be surprised if you get ignored around here.
No comments on my points.
Clueless to what happening to our Country?
Sir, I give respect to those deserving.
You didn't hold back smacking down my slant.
Why should I in kind?
Read what the others have respond, they are amazing!
RAD
PS:Moveon.Jrk are a bunch of tailgating jerks in league with Trolls.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Sandcock wrote:
You are right that there will never be peace in the region. Israel has conceded land that is part of the Promised Land and it will never be enough.
Sandy,
You say "Tomato" (Republican)
I say "Tomato" (Democrat)
Guess we'll never say "Tomato" the same?
But, that's cool! Like to think we're fighting Bro's!
The Middle East will never in our lifetime be at "Peace".
This crap has been going on since I was born......man......it's getting boring!
Looked in my stock this morning with it just holding.
How yours looking.
RAD

Rekd

Post by Rekd »

Sandcock wrote:You are right that there will never be peace in the region. Israel has conceded land that is part of the Promised Land and it will never be enough.
Two ways to achieve peace there.

1) Let Israel have her way.

2) Have our own way.

Otherwise, we can go there and secure our interests in certain areas, i.e. protect the oil for us and the rest of the free world and prevent irate Arabs from using any resources there to spread their jihad, and let them fight among themselves.

What ever happens, if they are left to their own devices, they'll be on our doorstep pretty quick considering the money and technology available there. Not a smart idea to leave, what ever the reason for being there in the first place because they honestly believe that Islam should be the world wide religion, and the only way out is

a) convert

b) pay tax and be abused or

c) die.

Pick one..
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Rekd wrote:
Sandcock wrote:You are right that there will never be peace in the region. Israel has conceded land that is part of the Promised Land and it will never be enough.

2) Have our own way.

Otherwise, we can go there and secure our interests in certain areas, i.e. protect the oil for us and the rest of the free world and prevent irate Arabs from using any resources there to spread their jihad, and let them fight among themselves.

What ever happens, if they are left to their own devices, they'll be on our doorstep pretty quick considering the money and technology available there. Not a smart idea to leave, what ever the reason for being there in the first place because they honestly believe that Islam should be the world wide religion, and the only way out is

a) convert

b) pay tax and be abused or

c) die.

Pick one..
OK Rekd, how in the hell did you pick up a post I summited years back?
Scary, knowing that in the end......gut feelings go "Universal"!
Not wanting to hammer out a post that'll put a "Red" marker at Homeland's super data cruncher.......there's only one solution!
That being said........going to spread aluminum foil on my roof....again :shock:
RAD4Ever

crash

Post by crash »

Rad, like BluSky, I tend to think you are a great asset to our BBS. I know that isn't the popular belief, but without individuals like you, this BBS gets boring. That said, you gotta clean up your language. This isn't a getto BBS and your use of foul language and name calling, once again, doesn't strengthen any of your arguments. IT WEAKENS THEM. Can you please try and get your points accross in an intelligent, coherent, and adult fashion?

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

crash wrote:Rad, like BluSky, I tend to think you are a great asset to our BBS. I know that isn't the popular belief, but without individuals like you, this BBS gets boring. That said, you gotta clean up your language. This isn't a getto BBS and your use of foul language and name calling, once again, doesn't strengthen any of your arguments. IT WEAKENS THEM. Can you please try and get your points accross in an intelligent, coherent, and adult fashion?
Gee, Crash!
How long are you guys gonna keep me setting in the corner?
Every time I hammer out a Slant/Rant (Post) some one is offended?
They resort to "Theater" for the "Good old Boys" and snot sling when I return the favor? Does "Controllers" come to mind? I do, don't you?
Yes, very distasteful resorting to group "GettoBanging", knowing it's wrong! But it's happening over there in WOS with F'bombs, human anatomy descriptives pointing downwards, shamelessly ranking (Using) on a member who hadn't participated in it's discussion?
Sure hope Lobuck spreads the "Love" over there?
Again, right you're Pard, cussing and cursing doesn't befriend the intelligent.
Gagging on a Soapbrush,
RAD
PS:Crash Quote:Can you please try and get your points accross in an intelligent, coherent, and adult fashion?
Crash, just walked in on the (WOS) ATV Cert. post?
What gives?
Starting a "RAD ignore Button" for the "Good Old Boys"?
Later,
SAD

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

rekd wrote:

2) Have our own way.
I respectfully disagree. There will never be peace in that region. The Muslims have a hate for Israel that will never go away until everylast Jew is killed. They (the Muslims) hate the US because we are a true ally and friend of Israel, and the fact that we want to spread democracy to neo fascist governments in that region.

Our interests in the region are primarily oil. IMO, we need to get out of being held captive by OPEC and be more self sufficient and cut our dependence on OPEC.

We need to get out of those countries, keep a naval presence in the Gulf and Med, and give a strong signal to the rogue countries that if they do what they did on Sept. 11th they will be annihilated.

Of course, this is my own opinion.

Rekd

Post by Rekd »

Sandcock wrote:rekd wrote:

2) Have our own way.
I respectfully disagree. There will never be peace in that region. The Muslims have a hate for Israel that will never go away until everylast Jew is killed. They (the Muslims) hate the US because we are a true ally and friend of Israel, and the fact that we want to spread democracy to neo fascist governments in that region.

Our interests in the region are primarily oil. IMO, we need to get out of being held captive by OPEC and be more self sufficient and cut our dependence on OPEC.

We need to get out of those countries, keep a naval presence in the Gulf and Med, and give a strong signal to the rogue countries that if they do what they did on Sept. 11th they will be annihilated.

Of course, this is my own opinion.
Perhaps you missed my point:

1) The Jews nuke the Arabs into extinction

2) The Americans nuke the Arabs into extinction

:wink:
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

yea, i missed it. I can be shallow at times :shock:

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

I can't believe I'm posting in the Political Discussions Only forum. :sick:

======================================
RAD4EVER wrote: Crash, just walked in on the (WOS) ATV Cert. post?
What gives?
Later,
SAD
Sometimes, I wish the Moderators had an ignore button for some of this bickering back and forith.

I received your PM RAD4EVER, and I've done some research to investigate if there was any bullying going on.
Here's what I found in regards to what is now officially coined as the "RAD ignore Button" in RAD4EVER's above post.
In the Shameful GOP 9/11 Trials Targets Voters thread:
On Mar11, Rekd wrote:The more you open your mouth the more I wish we had an "ignore user" function here.
Ok, so Rekd wishes we had an "Ignore User" function here. Point taken. After all, I just wished for the same thing.

In the Are you ATV Certified? thread:
On Mar12, crash wrote:Maybe you've pushed the new RAD inspired "ignore posts" button for me? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now, crash refers to this 'new function' as 'RAD inspired button'. Seeing as how Rek'd's above post was addressed to RAD, I can see that. But how did it become a "RAD ignore Button". All I can see is this:

In the The Ultimate (Rape) Outsource by the outgoing GOP Party
On Mar12, RAD4EVER wrote: Crash, just walked in on the (WOS) ATV Cert. post?
What gives?
So, RAD, it seems you're the one to actually give a name to the previously RAD inspired, new button THAT DOESN'T EXIST!

As for all the bickering going on.
All of you guys... stop it. You're detracting from my Press Release Committee efforts, Volunteer Coordinator efforts and my 60hr / wk Vice President of Operations job!! :evil:

Bottom line, you guys can respectfully disagree with one another [i.e. like Sandcock has =D> ], you can even just disagree with eachother, you don't have to be able to have a drink together, but you do have to get along. Most inportantly, nobody has to post here!

:roll:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

crash

Post by crash »

Man, you guys can't even believe how good a laugh I'm havin right now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is great!!! Not since the likes of BluSky have things been so entertaining around here!!! I love it!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

crash wrote:Man, you guys can't even believe how good a laugh I'm havin right now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is great!!! Not since the likes of BluSky have things been so entertaining around here!!! I love it!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Just for curiosity, who's BluSky?
RAD

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Woodglue wrote:I can't believe I'm posting in the Political Discussions Only

Bottom line, you guys can respectfully disagree with one another [i.e. like Sandcock has =D> ], you can even just disagree with eachother, you don't have to be able to have a drink together,

:roll:
Woody,
Hey, I would drink beers with Crash anytime!
Doesn't mean we can't get Irish? :twisted:
RAD

crash

Post by crash »

BluSky was/is a self proclaimed "desert ecologist" that used to be employed by the CBD and would post on here. Everybody wanted to ban him, but I said they were crazy, as his presence just gave us "the other sides" perspective. He got a little crazy sometimes, and finally the decision was made to ban him. I fought that ban all the way. Unless someone is completely an idiot and biligerent and not adding anything to the BBS, I almost always will vote to keep them around. I may not like the poster. I may not agree with the poster. I may personally think the poster is an idiot. But that doesn't mean the poster doesn't add something to the discussions, and that I can't be civil towards that poster. It just means that we all end up thinking a little harder about prooving our point. THAT, IMHO, is a GOOD thing.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

crash wrote:BluSky was/is a self proclaimed "desert ecologist" that used to be employed by the CBD and would post on here. Everybody wanted to ban him, but I said they were crazy, as his presence just gave us "the other sides" perspective. He got a little crazy sometimes, and finally the decision was made to ban him. I fought that ban all the way. Unless someone is completely an idiot and biligerent and not adding anything to the BBS, I almost always will vote to keep them around. I may not like the poster. I may not agree with the poster. I may personally think the poster is an idiot. But that doesn't mean the poster doesn't add something to the discussions, and that I can't be civil towards that poster. It just means that we all end up thinking a little harder about prooving our point. THAT, IMHO, is a GOOD thing.
Desert Ecologist? RiverSaviors? PETA?SavingBritney.JRK's? Let me at um!
I can guess how "Everybody" can get up in a twist concerning their outdoor interest. But, one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.
My primary post still stands, regardless of what "Everybody" feels about their party affiliations.
Crash, do you really believe my standing on the other side of the fence makes me appear "Crazy"?
My adding subjects should go through a filter process so to please "Everybody"? There's a name for that.....Suppression?
Even with your hardcore beliefs, I wouldn't put up with that?
Thanks for replying about BluShy,
RAD

crash

Post by crash »

RAD4EVER wrote:
I can guess how "Everybody" can get up in a twist concerning their outdoor interest. But, one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.
My primary post still stands, regardless of what "Everybody" feels about their party affiliations.
Crash, do you really believe my standing on the other side of the fence makes me appear "Crazy"?
My adding subjects should go through a filter process so to please "Everybody"? There's a name for that.....Suppression?
Thanks for replying about BluShy,
RAD
Am I missing something here? My post was saying.......let me see if I can make this clear.....my post was saying that I support you being here and adding a different perspective.

I must say that sometimes I am completely lost when reading some of your posts. This one is one of those.

I never called you crazy. I said BluSky got a little crazy. In other words going after individuals, calling names, unclean language, etc. It was a term to describe his behavior, not him, or you. The other referrence to "crazy" was about the moderators choice to ban him. The term in that context meant I didn't think their decision was a good or well thought out one.

BTW- :lol: :lol: :lol: means I'm poking fun at something. I was making a joke out of Rekd's suggestion of a ignore button.....maybe I shouldn't have.(?)
Last edited by crash on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

crash wrote:
RAD4EVER wrote:
gThanks for replying about BluShy,
RAD
Am I missing something here? My post was saying.......let me see if I canmake this clear.....my post was saying that I support you being here and adding a different perspective.

I must say that sometimes I am completely lost when reading some of your posts. This one is one of those.

I never called you crazy. I said BluSky got a little crazy. In other words going after individuals, calling names, unclean language, etc. It was a term to describe his behavior, not him, or you. The other referrence to "crazy" was about the moderators choice to ban him. The term in that context meant I didn't think their decision was a good or well thought out one.
Gosh....Crash,
I know support when I see it!
I was treating "Crazy" with a laugh?
Sheesh, thought I was thanking you for your IHMO?
Again, thanking you for BluSky response.
BlackEyedRAD :-#

crash

Post by crash »

OK. Let me just state that I don't understand your use of puncuation and try to take everyones posts on here with a grain of salt. You seem to be all over the map and a bit hard to follow. I will give you the benefit of the doubt before I push the "ignore RAD button" but please, try and speak coherently and decisively. I don't think I am the only one confused by some of your posts.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

crash wrote:OK. Let me just state that I don't understand your use of puncuation and try to take everyones posts on here with a grain of salt. You seem to be all over the map and a bit hard to follow. I will give you the benefit of the doubt before I push the "ignore RAD button" but please, try and speak coherently and decisively. I don't think I am the only one confused by some of your posts.
:shock:

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

f-BOB wrote:Definitely not on board with the Airbus award, but...

While I won't argue that W may not be the best president we've had (in my lifetime anyway) blaming one person for the current state of affairs is the wrong approach. Years and years of legislative garbage have come from a system that has been broken for a very very long time. Corporate lobbyist holding the ears of our government, driving their agendas into law, elected officials believing they know what's best for their constituents with utter disregard for what the people really want and need, electoral system that is antiquated and doesn't reflect the vote of the people, etc, etc, etc.

Rad, while I appreciate your frustration with our current state of political affairs, I think it's slightly misdirected.
Good morning F Bob,
Rad here, thanks for responding a go large frustration concerning the $40 GIG Military Aircraft award to a foreign country?
I'll save a long iteration, replying to your comments.... "You said it all" F Bob!
Where does it end?
India the largest English speaking country in the world, dominating Phone/Online/Data/Admin services at the fraction of the cost here in the USA?
China, the largest slave state in the world, producing just about everything we use here at the fraction of the cost here in the US?
Greedy Stock markets driving up Oil, Precious Metals, corn and wheat futures thereby making it painful, buying foods to feed our families?
Borrowing from around the world... more money ($2 Trillion) than the previous 42 administrations combine?
Remember: We're borrowing from foreign countries to pay a foreign country to build our military aircraft????
I can continue on, but I've to bring up MS-Word and ActionWordsList.... so as to frustrate the online "Miss Crabtree's" opportunities to deflect my "Gist" with petulant grammatical banter.
Again, thanks for allowing me to respond,
RAD

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Good morning Rad,

It looks as though China businesses are moving to Southeast Asia because of opportunity.

BANGKOK, CHIANG RAI, HONG KONG - Despite China's red-hot economy, more and more mainland Chinese are moving to Southeast Asia, believing opportunities there are golden and the lifestyle agreeable. Their money and shrew business skills should serve the region's economies well. But their presence could sour relations with Beijing if history repeats and locals turn resentful and violent.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_ ... 0Ae04.html

They, just as our country, look at the world as one great big opportunity.

If my memory serves me right (like you, I shoot from the hip), wasn't it Bill Clinton who really got the ball rolling in respects to trade with China. Dividends paid off during his Presidency and now we are are having to deal with it. That is, the inbalance of trade has boomed China's economy and made them wealthy. Now they are able to buy up our Treasury Securities, borrowing as you call it, to fund this country's debt. China is second to Japan in buy Treasury Securities. It's almost like we are selling our souls :shock:

Bottom line here is that our country needs to find solutions to the trade inbalances. IMO, we can sustain as a service providing country. We need to compete in manufacturing and be able to export our products in a free and open market.

Oil is a volatile commodity. The prices we are paying at the pump bares this out. Bottom line investors speculating and are going to do what makes money for the sockholder. It is also driven by world affairs, i.e. when ever knucleheads like Hugo Chavez starts talking smack or Iran rattling sabres. You can call that greedy if you like. President Bush tried to get OPEC to produce more oil to put more oil out there (supply) which would drive down prices, but they wouldn't. Bottom line is that we need to find alternative energies and be able to tap and use our energy sources that we have in our country. IMO, this country has a major battle on it's hands with the radical environmentalists pushing their agenda and the left of center democrats catering to them.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Rad,

This is from me shooting from the hip to you.

With all due respect, I do not understand why you feel you have to attack the guys that use this bbs. Obviously you have a different point of view than that of the majority of us. That is ok and can be debated in a civil and at times a passionate tone. Because we may be a conservative or libertarian, and white is not a justification for you insinuate that we are "good old boys," "WASPs,' etc. ithat is in a negative way. Like crash, I welcome a differnt point of view. It makes me think, understand one's point of view, and sometimes changes my mind. (changes my mind, well :?: :lol: )

With that said, throw your trash out there and I'll throw mine, and maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and shake hands in the sand (as woody says).

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Sandcock wrote:Rad,

This is from me shooting from the hip to you.

With all due respect, I do not understand why you feel you have to attack the guys that use this bbs. Obviously you have a different point of view than that of the majority of us. That is ok and can be debated in a civil and at times a passionate tone. Because we may be a conservative or libertarian, and white is not a justification for you insinuate that we are "good old boys," "WASPs,' etc. ithat is in a negative way. Like crash, I welcome a differnt point of view. It makes me think, understand one's point of view, and sometimes changes my mind. (changes my mind, well :?: :lol: )

With that said, throw your trash out there and I'll throw mine, and maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and shake hands in the sand (as woody says).
Sandy,
I hear you Pard.
Believe or not, you guys are a kick.
Like I mention elsewhere, I'm nowhere as active in as you and the rest of ASA gang. Same guys helping me with an oil issue in another index. Go figure?
Sometimes I'm outright embarrass the things I hammer out with my dirty pinkies? Not always!
Look, name calling is out as far as I'm concerned. But, it's a two way street! I can't control other's feelings about how they reacted to my position regarding my topics or theirs? Dodging bullets really does get boring, you agree?
That being said, folks.... don't power/control mine and I'll return in kind.
Until then Sandy, I'll consider this a closed issue. (Not the Topic)
See you in the middle,
RAD

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER »

Does everyone here really believes that a "Office mistake" was the reason that AirBus got a 40Billion plus Con-tract?
I really have to say that others and myself mega email "Surge" has paid off!
I just hope those Air Force folks get what coming to them.....like 10 years?
Now.....on to the Haliburton Con-Tracts!
Saving my Country,
RAD4E

Voice

Post by Voice »

President Reagan didn't do a "Thing" to make our Country from recovering from a decade of Vietnam Bankruptcy, those checks were in place before he took office. Yes, his "People" did set in place some neat money policy programs in place, but the BigMoney wasn't going to take it in the pants once his terms were nearing the end! It was his 25% tax cut that set back the gains another ten or more years, thereby a huge crash at Wall Street!
So, how's that little "Cold War" going? Still have tons of nukes aimed at Moscow? What about the USSR? Oh wait... they're gone!

I gotta say, and not to just pick you out, but I gotta say that I'm getting pretty tired of hearing whiney assed Americans... "Well, what did he do for me???"...
HE ENDED THE COLD WAR. Sure, it cost you some money... Quit bitchen.

I would be the last person to ever claim any president was perfect, and certainly George W. is not perfect... But he is fighting a war. A war that NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT WE"RE IN!!! And he's doing it for your own good.

You may not give a **** about the world but HE does.

We're at war. That costs money. It's not HIS fault.
Quit whining!
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Reuters
InBev agrees to buy Anheuser for $50 billion
Sunday July 13, 9:45 pm ET
By Jessica Hall and Martinne Geller

PHILADELPHIA/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. brewer Anheuser-Busch Cos Inc (NYSE:BUD - News) agreed to a $50 billion takeover by Belgium-based InBev NV (Brussels:INTB.BR - News), a source familiar with the situation said on Sunday, creating the world's largest beer maker.

InBev, the maker of Stella Artois, and Budweiser-brewer Anheuser were not immediately available to comment.

The combined company will be called Anheuser-Busch InBev, said the sources, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity. Anheuser will get seats on the new company's board, the sources said, but it was not immediately clear how many.

Adding another dimension to any deal was Mexico's No. 1 brewer Grupo Modelo (Mexico:GMODELOC.MX - News), which is 50 percent owned by Anheuser. The maker of Corona beer, which has the right to choose its partner, has not yet approved InBev for that role and the two brewers remain in talks, according to one person familiar with the situation.

Modelo declined to comment.

The deal brings an amicable resolution to a month-long saga that was becoming increasingly hostile as the two companies sued each other and InBev set the stage to try to replace Anheuser's board of directors.

InBev had proposed its own slate of nominees for the board that included Adolphus Busch IV, an uncle of the current chief executive of Anheuser-Busch.

InBev lured Anheuser to the bargaining table last week by raising its offer to $70 per share from $65 per share, a 27 percent premium over Anheuser's record-high stock price in October 2002.

Shares of InBev and Anheuser surged on Friday as news of the higher offer and the negotiations emerged. Anheuser closed up 8.6 percent at $66.50, and InBev closed up more than 7 percent.

Sources had said that the two companies and their advisers had talked in New York over the weekend, working through details such as the name for the combined company, roles for Anheuser's executives and the structure of the board. The breakup fees if the deal collapses also were discussed over the weekend, the sources said.

InBev had tried to soothe some of Anheuser's concerns last month, saying it would keep Anheuser's St. Louis home as the headquarters for the North American region. Anheuser's main Budweiser beer would also become the new company's "flagship brand."

Last week, the director of the Brewery and Soft Drink Workers Conference of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters asked to meet with InBev Chairman Peter Harf and InBev Chief Executive Carlos Brito, according to a letter posted on the union's Web site http://www.budwatch.com.

Led by Chief Executive Carlos Brito, InBev is known for ruthless cost-cutting.

The union, which represents workers at all 12 of Anheuser's U.S. breweries, asked for the meeting to discuss the initial offer so it could "fulfill our responsibilities to advise and protect our members."

It was unclear if InBev and the union met.

A takeover of iconic U.S. company Anheuser has sparked an outcry from some politicians, including Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Analysts have said that Modelo is likely to embrace InBev's bid for Anheuser and hopes the Belgian brewer proves to be a more dynamic and innovative partner than the biggest U.S. brewer.

Anheuser also owns 27 percent of China's Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd (Shanghai:600600.SS - News).

While Anheuser controls nearly half the U.S. market with brands like Budweiser, Bud Light and Michelob, InBev has strong positions in Western Europe and Latin America and is growing in Eastern Europe and Asia.

InBev, which was formed by the 2004 merger of Belgium's Interbrew with Brazil's AmBev, is based in Belgium and run by a mostly-Brazilian management team.

(Editing by Maureen Bavdek, Toni Reinhold)
That's it, time to go postal...TJ
[-X

Tom Tammone

crash

Post by crash »

Why are all the foreign companies seemingly the aggresors these days in the mega deals? What is happening to AMERICA?!? :?: :?:

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Budweiser is no doubt an American Icon, but wouldn't it be ironic if a brewery sale was the straw that broke the Camels back, [-o< after all the was done to Fleece America over the decades :evil: ...TJ

Tom Tammone

crash

Post by crash »

Well, their answer will be the same as Toyota's "we employ tens of thousands of Americans, so if you don't buy our product anymore, you will just be hurting yourselves". Which is true, but the missing part to that statement is that all the profits get shipped overseas to a foreign company.

F-UM!! We need to start buying more American made products, MADE BY AMERICAN COMPANIES!!

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Still not that easy, companies still farm out engineering and even PR work to Countries like India, even if the product is 100% physically made in the USA but hey you gotta start somewhere...TJ

Tom Tammone

Return to “Political Discussions Only”