Smugglers Paradise

This forum is for the discussion of topics of political nature that affect the duning community.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Smugglers Paradise

Post by Sandcock »

The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Jerry Seaver
ASA Co-Founder • Past President

Re: Smugglers Paradise

Post by Jerry Seaver »

I saw this story on Fox News Channel this morning. The reporter was riding a quad with no whip while telling the story.

At the ASA Info Meeting at Jagged X last Saturday there was a representative from the Border Patrol who was asked about the story going aroung that they wanted to close the Dunes South of I-8 and he said that is not the direction that the Border Patrol is going. They feel that they have a duty to secured the border and it is not their intention ever to close off recreation areas to do that. They will be enforcing the law (zero tolerance) on anyone entering the U.S. illegally and ask people to do their homework if they are going to be recreating in a area close to the border so they don't get caught entering the U.S. illegally whether accidently or not. The consequences are fines and normally involves confiscation of any vehicles involved. He said that they are working on some kind of fence that could be used on the border in the sand dunes but haven't come up with a workable design yet.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Lisa Markley, the gal they were interviewing, helped out at the High Octane Show (along with her mom).

I was watching Special Report this afternoon and they said that there was going to be a report about smugglers blending in with people recreating in a popular recreation area. I thought to myself that it must be the South Dunes and sure enough. I did not catch William riding the quad without a whip.....good catch Jerry :wink:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

I saw it this morning too and noticed that there was no whip as well. Thought we'd get to see a LEO pull up behind him. At least he had a helmet on.

I thought there was supposed to be a fence going up... yeah, right...

It's easier to close the dunes, which in effect will only punish law abiding American citizens.

](*,)

Jerry Seaver

Post by Jerry Seaver »

d_sheffs
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by d_sheffs »

He said that they are working on some kind of fence that could be used on the border in the sand dunes but haven't come up with a workable design yet.
I don't get it. Ilston decrees a closure, and in minutes, closure stakes are in the dunes.

If it is really that difficult for duners to know where the intl border is, why not mark it with some stakes? It does not have to be a fence. the law abiding ones would KEEP on the north side.

Return to “Political Discussions Only”