Drug testing for those on welfare....

This forum is for the discussion of topics of political nature that affect the duning community.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

GoofyDuner
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Drug testing for those on welfare....

Post by GoofyDuner »

Why doesnt the goverment do drug testing on those who are on welfare. :idea: :idea: ..if you fail ,,,NO CHECK. :-({|= :-({|= ..I think we could save alot of money on this...Can they do this??????

I would like to know others thoughts on this.....thanks
Dune Riders..If your not cranken on it,you must be Yanken on it......

d_sheffs
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Re: Drug testing for thoughs on welfare....

Post by d_sheffs »

ABSOLUTELY =D> =D> =D>

can't hold a job down, can't put food on the table, but money for dope.

Rekd
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Drug testing for thoughs on welfare....

Post by Rekd »

GoofyDuner wrote:Why doesnt the goverment do drug testing on thoughs who are on welfare. :idea: :idea: ..if you fail ,,,NO CHECK. :-({|= :-({|= ..I think we could save alot of money on this...Can they do this??????

I would like to know others thoughts on this.....thanks
They can, but they won't. That would remove most people from welfare and the government can't allow that many people to get off the public dole. They want more people on welfare, not less.

I think they should eliminate welfare all together. If people can't get a job, they can do community service for their room and board. But that's not going to happen. Just like drug testing won't happen.
What's in your sippy cup?
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

ATVs /Offroading at About.com

HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Re: Drug testing for those on welfare....

Post by HSSC »

Was at the check out stand a few years back and a YOUNG DUD in front of me use food stamps to by some stuff and then used the cash he got back to pay for the 12 pack of Coors Light.

I was a YOUNG DUD then too but I had a job. I had to drink Hams from the land of clear blue water. Was saving my change to buy the home that I now live in.

That is a piece of history that will aways live with me/eat at me. I'll put my house up on a bet that that food stamp DUD voted for Oduma. #-o
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Glamisbound »

Sounds good but unfortunately in the not so great state of California, it would be considered unreasonable pain and suffering, and we couldn't have that now could we :^o
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

r erfert
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by r erfert »

Drug testing for those on welfare.
Random testing should be done (this would cut down on the hand outs)
It is required to get most jobs.

Lets just start with you test dirty you get HALF a check this month :shock:
you test dirty next month you get nothing :shock:
check back with us next month =D> =D> =D>

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

OK Sure I'm good with this...in theroy. I've been tested positive for drugs I haven't taken. Then lets say you smoke weed after work every day for 5 years. One day you lose your job, you go into unemployment, they make you pee in a cup and you test positive for weed you smoked a month ago.

The real hard part would be having the government add more jobs to keep up with it. Hell that right there could cut back on unemployment. You test positive for drugs if your on welfare and you get to hold the cup for the next person trying to get on welfare.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Winston Cup

Post by Winston Cup »

The Democrats would never do this to their voting constituency.
Guy Chrest

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Winston Cup wrote:The Democrats would never do this to their voting constituency.
I'd be interested to see the breakdown on those numbers. :-k Theres a lot of people on welfare in the South.

r erfert
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by r erfert »

Sloppyduner wrote:OK Sure I'm good with this...in theroy. I've been tested positive for drugs I haven't taken. Then lets say you smoke weed after work every day for 5 years. One day you lose your job, you go into unemployment, they make you pee in a cup and you test positive for weed you smoked a month ago.

The real hard part would be having the government add more jobs to keep up with it. Hell that right there could cut back on unemployment. You test positive for drugs if your on welfare and you get to hold the cup for the next person trying to get on welfare.
I see no issue here >>> it's your choice to smoke, IT'S your choice to take another month off without pay.

I'm SURE there are plenty of people getting paid by the government already that could handle the testing.

r erfert
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by r erfert »

I heard of a guy that got pulled over in Gilbert AZ for speeding 5 over.....the cop asked if he had been drinking or smoked any weed today....he said no.....he was ticketed for speed and told to show up at the police station the next day....he showed up and they wanted a blood test :shock:
test showed he had trace amount of weed in his system and got cited for using a controlled substance......

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Just because I'm bored, I'm gonna bump it up to add a alcohol detector worn 24-7.

HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by HSSC »

Sloppyduner wrote:
Winston Cup wrote:The Democrats would never do this to their voting constituency.
I'd be interested to see the breakdown on those numbers. :-k Theres a lot of people on welfare in the South.
And your point is? ( people from the south?)
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

Mudkattgowfo
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Mudkattgowfo »

Ever notice how people out of work have brand name smokes and drink the "good" stuff?

I'm OK with the Drug and Alcohol testing to get your dole. I also think that community service is a good Idea for some of the money. Lots of Freeway, Streets, Sand Dunes that need cleaning. Also get some graffiti removed. Those that can't work could do child care (with supervision/clearance check) for those that are out working. What about the Library that has no money for staff, use those community volunteers.

Any other Ideas for the Volunteers to work? After the Drug test of course.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Muddy, I would say it would be "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" for those that have the ability to work that are on the dole :lol: Heaven forbid that that we regress back to the Depression era where people actually did what they had to to survive. I guess taxation and printing money that you don't have has taken care of that. The govmint will take care of you. I could quit my job and Obama would make my mortgage payment, buy me a new car, pay for the gas, put food (quality food) on the table, a big screen HDTV in the living room, a check in the mail for whatever I would like to spend it on, healthcare =D> Why work :?:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Sandcock wrote: mortgage payment, buy me a new car, pay for the gas, put food (quality food) on the table, a big screen HDTV in the living room, a check in the mail for whatever I would like to spend it on, healthcare =D> Why work :?:
Good luck trying to affording just a mortage payment on what a person makes on unemployment or any other government program.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

obviously you did not see or hear the person that said during the campaign that Obama is going to take care of my mortgage and gas and I won't have to worry no more...............there are people out there that really believe that and expect Obama and the gov to take care of them now that he is prez. Also, ACORN is calling for no more empty hosues..........who's going to pay for that :?:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Unfortunatly I know first hand how people "on the dole" live. Pretty fricken sad when people who can work overtime when they need a little bit of extra cash talk about people on assitance like they are living some perfect dream, get everything they want and don't have to do a thing to get it.

How about this...
instead of drug testing (might as well include alcohol and tabbacco to the list) How about making government workers accountable for every minute they are at work? Who knows what kind of waste comes from those employees that spend their days on the internet reading and posting negitive things about the very system that puts food on their table?

I know it seems harsh and I don't know the whole story, but it hasta suck having someone make generalizations about something they know very little about.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

If you are referring to me, because I'm a gov worker.........well, I work for it. When the economy is good people make a lot more that I do and I don't complain. I accept the choice I have made in life. If I didn't have the job that I have now, I know darn well I wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing. I would pick tomatos if that what I have to do to put beans on the table for my family.

In regards to not knowing what poverty is, well 8 years of my life was like that....single mom with three kids and no child support. My brother, sister and I made our way out of it. So please don't be so righteous like you know what it is all about. By the way, my bro and mom used to pick fruit in the Valley................

Life is about choices. Some people are less fortunate than some, but they can overcome. Look at the prez.

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

I would say you could include yourself if you want to include yourself. I would say of all the "workers" out there, government workers tend to be the laziest. I'm talking office workers and street repair crew people. Oops your an office worker. Don't get all bent man.

Who doesn't know about poverty? I would say there are very few people out there who couldn't tell you about their "hard times". I was raised in a single parent family (except when my mom was dating a murderer. Not being a smart arse... true story) Started with a paper route at 8 Laying carpet at 10, Bike shop employee at 12 Telemarketing at 16.... then "normal jobs" once I turned 18. I would trade with anybody, that can work and has a job, for my health problems ANY DAY!!! Living "on the dole" is NOT all some make it out to be. Thats all I'm say'n

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Wow! We've (gov workers) been outed and I'm embarrassed for myself.

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

Sandcock wrote:Wow! We've (gov workers) been outed and I'm embarrassed for myself.
These 2 Caltrans workers were working all day. When all of a sudden one of them turns and smashes a snail. The other worker said "What did you do that for?" The smasher worker said,"That son of a ***** been following me all day!"
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Astro
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Astro »

In a lunchroom conversation @ work this came up recently. The rational was if I have to be drug tested to make the $$$$$$ to pay for taxes, unemployment, SSI, etc... why don't the recipients have to take a drug test to get the $$$$$ we pay in :?:

In a way we are subsidizing Drug Dealers if we don't Drug Test [-X @ work we have a percentage of employees randomly tested monthly in addition to our prehire & incident testing =D> I don't see it as an intrusion of privacy, it's a protection for the rest of us. @ work it's about heavy equiptment etc... For the recipients of unemployment, welfare and other programs it's driving cars, caring for children etc...

Test if you're using get help. We have that option @ work unless it happens in your 90 day probation period like one of my coworkers. He was picked up on a random in his 90 day probation & was terminated :oops: He reapplied when eligable, he's clean now & has been back with us for a couple years now :D He's a good worker & a good guy he just made a mistake =D>

Life's about choices as an adult if you choose to use you choose to go without our $$$$$ #-o

Astro 8)
"Just Ride!"

Return to “Political Discussions Only”