##April 2010 Dune Trip Plans##

Plan trips, get togethers, hook up with new duners.

Moderators: GlamisSandDuner, Sitewide Forum Moderators

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

##April 2010 Dune Trip Plans##

Post by Woodglue »

Refer to the ##Our 2009 / 2010 Dune Trip Plans## thread for more information about this thread.

Click the underlined User Names for Rig Pics.
=======================================
Who?..................... When?................. Where?..............
Woodglue.........................Apr01~04...............Glamis, Wash 24
Alyshka............................Apr01~04...............Glamis, Wash 24
Dennis AKA Walter...............Apr02~04...............Glamis, Wash 24
Texas Brian and friend..........Apr01~04...............Glamis, Wash 24
Sandcock..........................Apr15~18...............Glamis, Gecko @ Pad 4
Mr.Bill..............................Apr15~18...............Glamis, Gecko @ Pad 4
Alyshka............................Apr15~18...............Glamis, Wash 24
Dennis AKA Walter...............Apr17~18...............Glamis, Wash 24
bgwhtjp33.........................Apr17~19...............Buttercup
RX 4 INSANDITY..................Apr18~26................Glamis, Road Runner
GoofyDuner.......................Apr22~25................Glamis, Wash 24
Dennis AKA Walter...............Apr22~25................Glamis, Wash 24
Alyshka............................Apr22~25................Glamis, Wash 24

Other Stuff on the Schedule:
:arrow:

GlamisSandDuner
Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

Re: ##April 2010 Dune Trip Plans##

Post by GlamisSandDuner »

Is anyone planning to go to out to Glamis for easter weekend April 2 - April 4th :?:

Brian from Houston Texas is looking to purchase airline tickets soon while they are cheap to come out that weekend and I am usually coming home that weekend from training and will probably end up not being able to go. Brian and his wife LeAnn camped with us for three days right after Christmas. They are awesome people and Brian can ride the wheels off of the 88 250R he has =D> . He camps in a van, FOG, Gelwell and DuneRookie style and will be bringing out his buddy instead of his wife this time. Brian originally hooked up with the ASA through our own Washroad that got a group of 250R enthusiasts together for a weekend trip at least 3 years ago. He stores his van and quads in San Diego now, so he can pick them up on his way to the dunes.

So if anyone is planning on going out that weekend please let me know so I can give you his information and he will purchase plane tickets while they are cheap. Thanks for helping him out, George :wink:
'05 TRX450R
I work to support my duning habit!
aSa Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by gelwell »

We will probably go out that weekend but will be down in the south dunes if he cant hook up in G.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

GlamisSandDuner

gelwell wrote:We will probably go out that weekend but will be down in the south dunes if he cant hook up in G.
Thanks Gene, pm sent :wink:
'05 TRX450R

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair

Post by Washroad »

gelwell wrote:We will probably go out that weekend but will be down in the south dunes if he cant hook up in G.
Thanks, Gene! :D
Brian is a good guy, I met him through an old 250R website that is pretty much dead now, but I'm still in contact with the guy who started it and he's also from Texas.
I talked to Brian last night; he's wondering if we have all floated away. California weather is national news.
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

Washroad wrote:
Thanks, Gene! :D
Brian is a good guy, I met him through an old 250R website that is pretty much dead now, but I'm still in contact with the guy who started it and he's also from Texas.
I talked to Brian last night; he's wondering if we have all floated away. California weather is national news.
No problem us 250R guys have to stick together :D
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

We will be out Apr-01~04. This will likely be my families last trip of the season.
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

gelwell dunerookie are headed to Ogilby Apr 1-4

GlamisSandDuner

gelwell wrote:gelwell dunerookie are headed to Ogilby Apr 1-4
Got it :wink:

Let us know how the improvements to the access road into Ogilby is. You shouldn't get stuck this time 8)
'05 TRX450R

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

GlamisSandDuner wrote:

Let us know how the improvements to the access road into Ogilby is. You shouldn't get stuck this time 8)
Will do, however we were there at Prez Day and they filled in the worst part but it really needs to continue down the road a little further. We'll see and keep the board posted.

GlamisSandDuner

gelwell wrote:
GlamisSandDuner wrote:

Will do, however we were there at Prez Day and they filled in the worst part but it really needs to continue down the road a little further. We'll see and keep the board posted.
Thanks Gene :wink:
'05 TRX450R

alyshka
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by alyshka »

Woodglue wrote:We will be out Apr-01~04. This will likely be my families last trip of the season.
Say it's not so--- end of the season allready

we will also be out apr-1-4 wash 24
Robert Hancock
"The task that has fallen to us as Americans is to keep alive the hope and dream of freedom"
Ronald Reagan
alyshka r.i.p. 1987-2004
Alyshka's Photos

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

alyshka wrote:Say it's not so--- end of the season allready
I know. :(
All the house prep for a Mid-May Party has us busy!
The weekend after the party is the May Night Ride Trip, and the weekend after that is Memorial Day and we'll be up in Northen Cal.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

GlamisSandDuner wrote:Is anyone planning to go to out to Glamis for easter weekend April 2 - April 4th :?:

Brian from Houston Texas is looking to purchase airline tickets soon while they are cheap to come out that weekend and I am usually coming home that weekend from training and will probably end up not being able to go. Brian and his wife LeAnn camped with us for three days right after Christmas. They are awesome people and Brian can ride the wheels off of the 88 250R he has =D> . He camps in a van, FOG, Gelwell and DuneRookie style and will be bringing out his buddy instead of his wife this time. Brian originally hooked up with the ASA through our own Washroad that got a group of 250R enthusiasts together for a weekend trip at least 3 years ago. He stores his van and quads in San Diego now, so he can pick them up on his way to the dunes.

So if anyone is planning on going out that weekend please let me know so I can give you his information and he will purchase plane tickets while they are cheap. Thanks for helping him out, George :wink:
Brian and his buddy are welcomed to camp with us in Wash24. :wink:
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

GlamisSandDuner

Woodglue wrote:
GlamisSandDuner wrote:Is anyone planning to go to out to Glamis for easter weekend April 2 - April 4th :?:

Thanks Mike :wink:

I left Brian a message, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I would assume they will be there though 8)
'05 TRX450R

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

I wanted to let everyone know I cant make the Easter trip to Ogilby. My wife Kelly was in an accident on Tuesday and just had her Spleen removed this morning. So it looks like I'm done for this season.

the_fog
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by the_fog »

gelwell wrote:I wanted to let everyone know I cant make the Easter trip to Ogilby. My wife Kelly was in an accident on Tuesday and just had her Spleen removed this morning. So it looks like I'm done for this season.
Sorry to here that Gene, I hope she's feeling better soon.

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Glamisbound »

the_fog wrote:
gelwell wrote:I wanted to let everyone know I cant make the Easter trip to Ogilby. My wife Kelly was in an accident on Tuesday and just had her Spleen removed this morning. So it looks like I'm done for this season.
Sorry to here that Gene, I hope she's feeling better soon.
Sorry to hear this buddy. Best wishes and thoughts out to you guys right now!!
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Get well wishes to Kelly. My thoughts are with you Gene. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Keep us up to date.

scotty
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

Thank you to my Dune Brothers and of course being just good friends for the kind thoughts and prayers. This is what happened:

Kelly and her sister Kim were in a near head on. On Vista Way and Old Taylor, a uninsured Mexican turned right in front them and hit them on Tuesday night about 8pm. To the point they never got a chance to brake. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance and stayed at Palomar Hospital until Thursday morning for observation. The CAT scan revealed a small tear on the Spleen and at the time looked like it was healing, which is why the released her on Thursday. The Spleen is an organ used in the production of white blood cells to help the body combat diseases.

Saturday morning about 7am she couldnt breath and was under severe pain. The ambulance was called again with some of the same firefighters who responded on Tuesday evening. This time we went to Tri City Hospital where she was give a transfusion. This helped for Saturday, however she was returned to Palomar. Palomar is our regional trauma center and the place to be for any operation of this sort. After every 6 hours of blood testing revealed the tear in the spleen was not repairing. So Sunday morning at 8am they removed the Spleen. She is at this moment is in LA LA Land, so it will be some time before she is cognizant of her surroundings. She woke up enough to see me and give me a smile, then back to slumber.

She has kept her sense of humor asking they be careful of her breasts as it would really upset her husbad. I guess the nurses liked that one.

She should get out by Thursday. Gracie has been with the family and been a real trooper. She is coping by telling everyone "that mommy has been in a accident".

Although you can live without a Spleen it does mean some lifestyle changes. I am confident we will overcome, conquer and divide.

GlamisSandDuner

Gene, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. We hope that Kelly has a speedy recovery and that she returns home soon. Please keep us posted of her recovery. Thanks, George & Dione
'05 TRX450R

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

I'll be out at or near Pad 4 on the 15th through 18th.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

GlamisSandDuner wrote:
Woodglue wrote:

Thanks Mike :wink:

I left Brian a message, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I would assume they will be there though 8)
Departure is in 78 hours... any word from Brian?
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Dennis AKA Walter
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Dennis AKA Walter »

Since George and Dione can't make it this weekend and I have not ridden since the end of Feb I will come out Sat to help with the clean up......and go for a ride....If she want's to, Lidia may ride with me during the clean up....Just a thought
"enjoy your ride"

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

You're welcome to hang with us Dennis.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

bgwhtjp33
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by bgwhtjp33 »

Going to Buttercup 17-19
Your just jealous.....cause the voices don't talk to you

Ed T.
93 Jeep Cherokee
07 Predator 500

GlamisSandDuner

Dennis AKA Walter wrote:Since George and Dione can't make it this weekend and I have not ridden since the end of Feb I will come out Sat to help with the clean up......and go for a ride....If she want's to, Lidia may ride with me during the clean up....Just a thought
Wish we were there with you guys :(
Sandcock wrote:I'll be out at or near Pad 4 on the 15th through 18th.
bgwhtjp33 wrote:Going to Buttercup 17-19
'05 TRX450R

GoofyDuner
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by GoofyDuner »

Im thinking of going out April 22 to 25.This will be my last weekend trip..Temps below (90)..anyone up for a final trip before the Night rides???????

Come on chime in......................................
Dune Riders..If your not cranken on it,you must be Yanken on it......

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

No can! We're done for the season. :wink:
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Dennis AKA Walter
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Dennis AKA Walter »

GoofyDuner wrote:Im thinking of going out April 22 to 25.This will be my last weekend trip..Temps below (90)..anyone up for a final trip before the Night rides???????

Hi Justin, I'm good to go but don't know about the kids yet. I was also thinking of going next weekend, April 17th & 18th, I think Robert H is going to be there.
"enjoy your ride"

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY »

We plan to be at RR form the 18th thriugh the 26th. :D :mrgreen: :D Welcome to camp with us or just stop by when you get a chance. This will be a group of mostly rails and I have a RZR S (bone stock).

It woud be fun to see you!! :D :D

--Mike
Offroading and Concern for the Environment are NOT Mutually Exclusive

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

Dennis / Justin,
Mike is a real COOL dude.
You should take him up on his offer! :wink:
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Mike, I'll stop by and say hi. Dennis and Justin, you guys are more than welcome to hang out with Bill and I.

scotty

GlamisSandDuner

Dennis AKA Walter wrote:
GoofyDuner wrote:Im thinking of going out April 22 to 25.This will be my last weekend trip..Temps below (90)..anyone up for a final trip before the Night rides???????

Hi Justin, I'm good to go but don't know about the kids yet.
I don't think we are going to be able to make that one :(
Dennis AKA Walter wrote: I was also thinking of going next weekend, April 17th & 18th, I think Robert H is going to be there.
Got it! :wink:

Now if we could only get Alyshka to chime in on this :-k
'05 TRX450R

GlamisSandDuner

RX 4 INSANDITY wrote:We plan to be at RR form the 18th thriugh the 26th. :D :mrgreen: :D Welcome to camp with us or just stop by when you get a chance. This will be a group of mostly rails and I have a RZR S (bone stock).

It woud be fun to see you!! :D :D

--Mike
Cool, glad to see that you picked one up Mike =D> , Hopefully Dennis can come pay you a visit and show you all of his cool accessories :wink:
'05 TRX450R

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY »

Scotty -
You and Bill should stop by. Where do you plan to be and when?

George--
I would be very interested in the upgrades that Dennis has done, though i will do my best to resist the changes. The RZR will stay as stock as possible for as long as possible. I had some real fun with it the last time out. Being with a group of similar vehicles would probably be a fun dune experience.

World--
I sure am looking forward to a week in good dunes with great weather :!: :!:

--Mike
Offroading and Concern for the Environment are NOT Mutually Exclusive

GlamisSandDuner

RX 4 INSANDITY wrote:Scotty -
You and Bill should stop by. Where do you plan to be and when?

George--
I would be very interested in the upgrades that Dennis has done, though i will do my best to resist the changes. The RZR will stay as stock as possible for as long as possible. I had some real fun with it the last time out. Being with a group of similar vehicles would probably be a fun dune experience.

World--
I sure am looking forward to a week in good dunes with great weather :!: :!:

--Mike
I think that covers just about everybody :lol:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new toy =D>
'05 TRX450R

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Mike, We plan to stay at Pad 4 if there is a hole for us [-o< My TB will have a Chargers Bolt on the beaver tail.

alyshka
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by alyshka »

put us down for 15-18 wash 24
and a maybe for 22-25 wash 24

Are the GlamisSandDuners done for the season?????
Robert Hancock
"The task that has fallen to us as Americans is to keep alive the hope and dream of freedom"
Ronald Reagan
alyshka r.i.p. 1987-2004
Alyshka's Photos

GlamisSandDuner

alyshka wrote:put us down for 15-18 wash 24
and a maybe for 22-25 wash 24
Thanks Robert :wink:
alyshka wrote:Are the GlamisSandDuners done for the season?????
:roll: I think so :roll:
'05 TRX450R

Return to “The Duner Connection”