Superstition on October 22nd thru the 27th

Plan trips, get togethers, hook up with new duners.

Moderators: GlamisSandDuner, Sitewide Forum Moderators

CombsCustomCooling
1st Gear Member

Superstition on October 22nd thru the 27th

Post by CombsCustomCooling »

My family is going out and gonna camp at the foot of the sand dunes. The boys are 8 and 4. They have 50 and 80 kawi quads and the adults have quads and a dunebuggy. Anyone have kids around the same age who are gonna be out there. maybe they can ride around a track together or play at camp while we take an adult type fast paced ride. We are tent camping this season, back to basics

Thanks,
Chris

GlennG
1st Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Superstition on October 22nd thru the 27th

Post by GlennG »

Hi,

I don't think we will be able to make it that weekend but would like to link up with you. My grandsons are 5 and 7 and ride 50 and 80 Yamahas. My wife and I have Rapter 700s and have a Ranger we take also.

I am not sure where you mean by foot of the sand dunes. We have been camping to the west of Oligby Road just north of I8.

We try to go out a least once a month more if we can swing it. We live in Chandler, AZ.

Glenn

Dennis AKA Walter
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Dennis AKA Walter »

GlennG wrote:Hi,

I don't think we will be able to make it that weekend but would like to link up with you. My grandsons are 5 and 7 and ride 50 and 80 Yamahas. My wife and I have Rapter 700s and have a Ranger we take also.

I am not sure where you mean by foot of the sand dunes. We have been camping to the west of Oligby Road just north of I8.

We try to go out a least once a month more if we can swing it. We live in Chandler, AZ.

Glenn
Hi Glenn, this is Dennis (PRC) Superstition is about 30 miles or so, west and north of Ogilby, East of El Centro.
I posted some pic's of this past weekend on this forum..... we had a great time see ya soon.
"enjoy your ride"

GlennG
1st Gear Member

Post by GlennG »

Thanks Dennis,

I checked out your pictures and found it on Google Maps and Earth. Looks neat.

Glenn

CombsCustomCooling
1st Gear Member

Post by CombsCustomCooling »

Glenn,
We are actually going to be south of Ocatillo and north of Plaster City. It is west of El Centro and just before you go into the mountains going west I used to camp out at Glamis or Buttercup, but with the kids riding small bikes, i found they have more fun on the hard dirt as the small engines dont have enough power to take off from a dead stop in the sand. There is a good amount of sand at superstition that I can have my fun in also. Superstition is basically a large sand mountain with a small amount of sand hills all around the mountain. Superstition hill is surrounded by hard packed dirt and washes in every direction. We will have to get together sometime this season out in the sand. Ill put mine in the buggy and yours in your UTV so we can hit dunes. I cant wait to get out there. Talk to you later.

Chris

GlennG
1st Gear Member

Post by GlennG »

Thanks Chris,

We faced the similar challenges with the grandsons. Since we live in the Phoenix area normal use I8 we found that there are some areas just to the west of Olgilby Rd, that allows the boys to ride in the harder areas with and still just a short ride to some small dunes that the love to ride in. Plus it is easy in especially at night and not too much traffic.

Hopefully we can get together this season, it would be fun.

Glenn

Return to “The Duner Connection”