CORVA Action Alert!!!

Meetings that will help inform you, create an OHV presence, and possibly give you an opportunity to voice your opinion.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Wayne_Nosala
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

CORVA Action Alert!!!

Post by Wayne_Nosala »

Hello folks,
Wayne Nosala here. I am a field representitive for CORVA and
a volunteer for Friends of Jawbone

The following letter is to be distributed to the folks who are attending the Tierra Del Sol
event in ocotillo wells this weekend. We are pulling out the stops regarding
getting everyone up to Lobby Day in Sacramento 19th of march

We are hoping to get as many folks as possable to attend this lobby day.
Most of my feild work has focused on the Mojave desert in Kern county, But I
feel we are all in this together when it comes down to protecting our
rights to recreate on public lands.
Any Questions can be directed to Wayne@Nosala.com

Please read the following from our president Ed Waldhiem.....

The following flyer is going to be distributed in Ocotillo Wells Saturday,

THE HEIST OF THE GREEN STICKER PROGRAM

2/24/2007

My name is Ed Waldheim, I am 68 years old resident of California City, California. I have been fighting for the rights of off roaders since 1978 when President Nixon signed the executive order to create the California Desert Conservation area.

I have been commissioner two separate times for the OHV program appointed by two different Governors one Republican and one Democrat. I have been CORVA president for 14 years. We have created nine non-profits groups such as Friends of Jawbone, Friends of El Mirage, Friends of Oceano Dunes, Friends of Dumont, Friends of Kern County OHV Parks. Our groups groom trails with rented tractors, quads, rakes, sign trails with our volunteers.
In 2006, I attended 221 meetings (see the calendar of meetings at http://www.corva.org under calendar) over the years I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles. My five month old Prius now has 24,900 miles on it, no joke.

I do all this for free; I never get paid for anything. CORVA does not have a paid staff and no one gets paid except to get the newsletter out. We have a lobbyist in Washington DC, something no one else has except AMA national office, we have lobbyist in Sacramento and proud to be partners with Ecological group made up of ASA, ORBA, San Diego Off-Road Coalition, D-37 AMA and CORVA to have a full time attorney on staff.

Why this note to you at Truckhaven. Mike Bishop from ACORVA, CTUC and CORVA has agreed to pass these flyers and newsletters out to everyone he can reach to tell you that we are in big trouble. Our OHV program, Green Sticker
program has finally been hijacked the Environmental Zealots and do everything in their power to discredit the off road community.

They tried to shut us down in Truckhaven with the CBD lawsuit. The only problem they came across is CORVA who stopped them cold. Go to our March ORIA newsletter or http://www.corva.org to get the full story.

Today you are having fun in Truckhaven because our attorney on behalf of our 5 partners was able to beat the CBD in court. But that victory will not be long lived unless we keep up our side of the fight. Remember these guys never quit. They want to see us in the Pacific Ocean.

They want to deny you and I our opportunity to ride and recreate. Make no bones about it. We are at war for our very survival of our sport!
The commission has cut all funding for operation and maintenance. No agency received a dollar to fix trails, clean restrooms and many did not get enforcement money.

Our OHV program comes up for reauthorization in Sacramento and bills by the Environmental Zealots are being introduced as we are introducing our bills.
The fight is on.

Now you, the off-road public have to step up and do you part. We at CORVA and other organizations are the guns, but we need bullets, thousands of them. In Sacramento we are of no consequence, for 15 years we get 100 people to come to lobby day. We should have 5000 people; block the streets, the hallways in Capitol Building. In other words we need to make sure that the legislators know that you exist out there .That you are real and that you are passionate about your sport.

Up until now, we are not even on their radar screen, that fact is perfectly clear by the appointments they make to the commission all. They have finally taken over and killed our State of California OHV Program.
Agencies are now trying to figure out how to pay staff to keep areas open. If you think this does not affect you think again. (Not only Truckhaven, But
EVERY district)

March 19, 2007 Monday in Sacramento, we need every single person who is at Truckhaven this weekend and at the Tierra Del Sol event in Ocotillo Wells to come to Sacramento. Take vacation time, take sick time, car pool to Sacramento, ask your club to pay for your gas, borrow money whatever be there. If you are not there. CORVA and all the other organizations will be hard pressed to save our sport. To date, they have done a good job on us, why because of our total apathy to the political process.

Truckhaven was saved this time; but will you be there to help us on the next round with donations, with membership, with manpower to protect your sport?
As of 2-22-07 the CBD filed an 60-day Notice of Intent to Sue claiming that OHV activities at Truckhaven are causing a "take" of Peninsular Bighorn Sheep in violation of Section 9 of the Endangered Species Act. As you can see, they are using "science" to prove their point. I cannot stress enough how important it is that we ramp up on the technical side so that we can challenge their claims. If we don't, consider Truckhaven closed for the indefinite future. This is war. We can either adapt or fight back with equal fire-power; or we can go home and stay there.

We need you in Sacramento, no excuses; we need every single member of clubs, play riders, anyone who recreates in California needs to be in Sacramento.
Join us in Sacramento on March 19, 2007

Registration is on http://www.clorv.org

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck »

Welcome to the board Wayne.

Thanks for posting Ed's letter.
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

Wayne_Nosala
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Wayne_Nosala »

Thanks Glenn,
I also tried posting it on the Glamis site and
the Admin would not let it go.

Anyone is free to post this or please pass it
on, this one is an important one for all of us.

There is an "ANTI-OHV lobby a week before we go
we need to get up there in numbers and counter lobby.
:twisted:

Thanks
Wayne Nosala
CORVA
Freinds Of Jawbone

crash
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by crash »

Sounds to me like:

Green Sticker Program = Taxation Without Representation

Wasn't that a basis for one of our wars?

OH, YEAH.........The war that created the good old US of A!!! :roll:

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Green Sticker Program = Taxation Without Representation
Don't even get me started....TJ ](*,) :twisted:
The Country is ran by the few that show up.
They are lead by the even fewer that step up.

http://WWW.TEAMSTEALTH.ORG Noise issue information.
http://WWW.OHMVR.COM Total Off Road Recreation!

Tom Tammone

A Family of 4
ASA Legislative Affairs Representative
ASA Legislative Affairs Representative

Post by A Family of 4 »

I'm taking my son with me to Lobby Day! Our flights and rooms are booked. I'm very excited to go. I've got a lot of homework to do before the 19th. I want to be as prepared as possible!

Anyone else going?
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

-Ronald Reagan

Wayne_Nosala
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Wayne_Nosala »

Just wanted to bump this tread back into life.

We had a confrence call regarding this lobby day.

The registration page is now working on the CLORV.org site

There is a box to check if you want to pay for lunch and dinner,
Some folks have been complaining about the pricing, so they are
saying you can register without clicking the lunch or dinner box.

Main thing is to get the people up there and help out. There
is a strategy meeting the day before on the 18th.

Also important..fill in the box of what club you are representing..D37,
CORVA..ASA

Sorry if details are a bit sketchy, I will post more info as it becomes
avalible to me...also im refraining from posting too much on the open boards.

Thanks
Wayne

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Now I hear the number is 80 people for lobby day, I'll be frank bills like sb742 will sail right though (unchanged) if we don't have a good showing. The way it looks right now to me is if we can't turn this around, the only option is to just let the program sunset, it's that bad we should have over a thousand people show up for this. Less than 2% for trail maintenance come on folks, if this don't wake us up than forget about it, personally if we don't have a good turn out I'm just going to just stand down, let the program sunset...TJ :cry:

Tom Tammone

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Looks like a good turn out, heard stories about how much of a piece of work Senate President pro tem Perata (Democrat) is, the guy that appointed Spitler and Thomas. He got mad at some Democratic Senators, so he had the locks changed in their offices, needless to say our side picked up some friend on the DEM side...TJ

Note the "rat" don't apply to all democrats :wink:

Senator.Perata@sen.ca.gov

Tom Tammone

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

OK today is the big day and I guess I need to put my serious face on, I take jabs at the Democrats but I'm no fan of the Republicans, I was a Democrat till 1993 and have considered switching back. I left the Democratic party because I got sick of hearing Bill Clinton, say "the American people want whatever" and that was my way of saying he don't represent me.

But the sad fact is the "Dem's" far outnumber us, we need to have at least some friend on that side of the ails, another sad fact is most of our friends just happen to be Republicans. ED made a big pitch for us to get more involved with elections, he's right and at the same time if we find a good Democrat we need to support them. There not all rats and I'm sure Perata will have an explanation for the lock out episode, and the like, point is we can't just support people because they have a Little R by their name...TJ

Tom Tammone

Return to “Important Meeting Notices”