Good Video

Technical Discussion Forum - This is where to discuss How, What, and Where of things digital and cyber. Post your favorite Videos.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

crash
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Good Video

Post by crash »

Check this out. These guys are amazing. Looks like mostly shot at dunes and Ocotillo. Like I have said before, when a truely skilled rider is on a motorcycle it is absolutely a thing of beauty. 8)

http://www.extremesportclips.com/viewvi ... 429&sec=mr

RobC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by RobC »

That was cool!!
Save the Dunes!!
Rob's Dune Site
My Pics

Rekd
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Rekd »

I got chills!

Dayum!
What's in your sippy cup?
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

ATVs /Offroading at About.com

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

:-s whips? :-s

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Rekd

Post by Rekd »

Sloppyduner wrote::-s whips? :-s
They're typically too high up in the air to need whips... :wink:
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Sand Commander

Post by Sand Commander »

First off, I can tell by the music I am not the prime demographic this clip is aimed at.

The rules are the rules. They should have whips.

I thought the bike through the camp fire was irresponsible. Kids figure out how to do stupid stuff on their own without somebody giving them ideas.

My movie critique is thumbs down. I have seen it all before
Bill Jones
Apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.
If you give in to fear and pain, there are thrills you will never know- North Dallas Forty
Government by the people has now been replaced by Government verses the people
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter- Winston Churchill

Voice

Post by Voice »

That was awesome! Prime athletes performing at maximum in a natural environment. Absolutely incredible.
A back flip on a natural ramp??? Wow!

There were spotters everywhere... I can't see how you can ***** about the flags... but whatever... look 'em up and mail 'em a ticket. You can't do those stunts with a flag on. Just goes to show how idiotic the flag rule on bikes is.
And BTW: there is no flag rule at Ocotillo Wells.
The fire was funny and not overplayed. People cut loose at night and sometimes that involves getting crazy with the fire. (which, BTW is not illegal at all.)

I'll see if I can find some little kids making sand angles to the sounds of Zamfir... ;)
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

There's legal and stupid.

People don't like to be told what to do or what is Legal. They often times think it's unfair and or unnecessary. none the less the LAWS MUST be followed. If laws are broken, and put out as spectacles to envy, this leads to the further potential law breaking ie: Do we need a whip in the dunes?" " I don't think so I saw this video of FMX guys in dunes and they didn't have flags" So off they go to the desert to get tickets only to come back whining because the people in the video didn't have whips. NO MATTER what sand they were in. People equate Big sand with Glamis OR Dumont both places require whips

Stupid is needless and often copied because of it's uniqueness. Unfortunately there is a lot of stupid going on making stupid the norm. That leads to people using the excuse "lots of people do it" Doesn't make it right makes a lot of people stupid" And gives the people who are looking for reasons to pick at the OHV community job REAL easy.

It is my understanding we must avoid illegal and stupid behavior if we want to be earn the respect we crave as responsible members of the duning community. Or expect to be looked at as irresponsible.

Yes in my opinion it’s that black and white. I LOVE gray areas as much as the next guy. In this situation though I find my opinion is that the video demonstrates unlawful and stupid actions.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Voice

Post by Voice »

We need to disband NASCAR... those speeders are being irresponsible...

Theres not a single bit of irresponsibleness on that video. There is scene after scene after scene of incredible atheletes doing incredible stunts which does wonders for the popularity of our sport.

A few years ago I kept hearing these arguments about the videos which seemed to show more partying than riding... Now, here's a video which shows riding and not partying and even it's not good enough?

Let me get out my zoom key and check 'em all for green stickers too.

Can't you just enjoy the video for what it is without finding something wrong in everything?

Lighten up Francis. ;)
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck »

<Moved from WOS -to- Camera • Video • Computer • Internet • Website>

Nice moves. I like watching it better that the "arena" MX stuff. Back to the basics. Raw Earth, no calculated or groomed ramps and landing zones.

That is footage from a movie. I've seen clips on a few different Websites.

Fun is one thing, safety is another. I do agree though that these guys should always portray safe and responsible riding. Overall I think they did a good job at that. 8)
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

crash

Post by crash »

I'm conflicted here. I understand the desire to promote only safe and reasonable riding, but at the same time, these are NOT your average riders. They obviously could not do what they are doing with a whip on the back of their bikes. For that matter we should be glad they are even wearing helmets as many of the things these guys are doing, if they crashed, a helmet wouldn't do a whole lot of good.

You know this is alot like people who complain about seeing NASCAR highlights where all they do is show the crashes. Do I want to see someone injured or die? NO, but if they are going to push themselves and their equipment to the limits, then I sure as heck DO want to see that. And if some of them are going to crash in spectacular fashion while testing those limits, I sure as heck DO want to see that too.

You or I or probably anyone we know will NEVER be able to do what is on that video. It IS spectacular. It took these guys years, and years of riding to have the nuts to RISK THEIR LIVES TO DO THESE THINGS. If they are going to do this, I want to see it. With the exception of the campfire, I thought this was a really good video.

Oh, BTW- It's still a free country. If you don't like it don't watch it again. Personally, I've watched it a few times now and am not getting tired of it yet. To each his own.

Rekd

Post by Rekd »

I'm with the "lighten up, francis" crowd. Those guys knew what they were doing, and were doing it brilliantly and safely.

As was mentioned, spotters EVERYWHERE, no whip rules in that area.

The only thing I didn't appreciate was the trip thru the fire, and that's because I've seen that first hand at Glamis when a bunch of thugs next to us started throwing burning embers/sticks at a guy nekked on a quad.

That was stupid enough, but the guy (and his buddies) came back later and roosted the thugs via their campfire, caught one guy in the side with no shirt on with an ember that stuck. (It was funny only after seeing that same guy throwing embers at the nekked guy on the quad earlier)

I thought it was highly irresponsible on both parties, but laughed at thier revenge.

Other than that, great video, and I saw nothing to make some members here get thier panties up in a bunch.
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Return to “Camera • Video • Computer • Internet • Website”