New Hacker Scam

Technical Discussion Forum - This is where to discuss How, What, and Where of things digital and cyber. Post your favorite Videos.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

New Hacker Scam

Post by Vincent J Brunasso »

I listen to Leo Laporte on AM 640 on Saturday mornings. On his show yesterday he spoke of a new scam by hackers.

They drop a USB drive in a parking lot - usually a 128 Mb. You think you've made a good find and take it home to use. Problem is that it is infected with all sorts of Trojan horses and virus.

It scans you system for passwords and other user information and emails it home to the hacker - now you've got an identity theft problem.
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

BakerKlan
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by BakerKlan »

The only way a user would be able to infect themselves is to execute an executable file. Social Engineering is fascinating these days and many are duped into executing a program on their computer which unleashes a barrage of malicious viruses.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Return to “Camera • Video • Computer • Internet • Website”